Which Pick Up

I’m looking at upgrading my work vehicle.

I currently run an '05 Transit Connect. I’ve been looking at perhaps a 4x4 Pick Up for the winter and also handy as i’m renovating my house.

Any of you currently or had one in the past?

I’m looking at either a Warrior or Hi Lux Double cab

Any guidance/ information welcome

Quite fancy the new ranger or the VW amorak. No ideas of payload or towing capacities etc. based purely on looks.

The new Ranger does look tidy. I’ve been offered an older Ranger XLT in black with a Snug Top, Blue spots etc. It’s a 52 reg I think. I was thinking of something around 07- 08

The amarok is good on fuel for what it is, not sure what tax etc is like in it , got some power aswell, I’ve heard the navara is probs the best pound for pound ? But if it was me purely for looks/price I’d get a hi-lux , amarok if I could afford it

The vw is only a 2 litre bi turbo so depending on work I wouldn’t expect it to take much abuse. We have a navara, which has been a great pick up but it’s just to fast imo and is a lot of fun in the rain lol. My vote goes for the animal or warrior. I have a 59 plate animal and it’s been a great truck for the last 18months since I’ve had it. Fuel ain’t great but it’s not in any of them, , it’s giving me 27 mpg, which isn’t to bad I think giving that I live near the peak district. I had a 52 plate warrior before which never did much better than 23 mpg.

Bale Bandit:
The new Ranger does look tidy. I’ve been offered an older Ranger XLT in black with a Snug Top, Blue spots etc. It’s a 52 reg I think. I was thinking of something around 07- 08

Owned a 3litre turbo diesel in 07 in NZ, great truck and workhorse, economical and cheap parts and service too…gets my vote every time.

I’ve always like the look of the ranger, a friend has one so I might ask if I can borrow it for a couple of days.

in order for me

1. hi lux
    2.ranger
    3.amorak
  2. mazda b2500 same as ranger
    5 izuzu
  3. navara