Which phone network?

Morning guys. I’ve come to the ed of my o2 business contract and will not be renewing with them thanks to 4 years of terrible service and numerous masts going down. I was wondering which network you lot find the best for signal coverage across the country?

I was with vodafone before I went with o2 and don’t seem to remember that many issues with them over the 9 years or so I was with them. I had a shop round yesterday and I like the sound of EE but they do seem a lot more expensive than say vodafone on a like for like contract. Is it worth paying that bit extra per month?

Cheers
Matt

Vodafone and O2 have very similar network coverage thanks to an agreement (Project Cornerstone, Google it) a few years back to start sharing sites and infrastructure. There’s still certain areas where one of them will be better than the other, of course.

After I left, I switched my O2 staff contract to Three, and I haven’t looked back. EE have good coverage, but they’re a bit pricey IMO. Also, Three have purchased O2 (or are still in the process of doing so, not entirely sure where that is at), so they’ll likely be merging the networks together which should improve the coverage of both.

HTH.

I’ve been with Vodafone for years (not a business account) and have never ever had a single issue with them. I believe they share masts with O2, but strangely when O2 blame the masts being down when they have an outage, it never affects Vodafone. They are not the cheapest nor do they offer mega data allowance bundles, but I get a good reliable service which is all I want.

i have BT

productsandservices.bt.com/p … nly-plans/

Switched to 3network after 7 years of crap o2…well recommended…

BT & EE are merging together .

If you want a fairly all round coverage buy a dual sim phone payg and put in EE & 3 or O2 or whatever your choice is.
Either way , there are still areas around the Country that have dead spots and dropped reception zones. (try going to Cornwall :wink: :laughing: )

I’ve been with Orange, now EE, seemingly forever.
Coverage was sporadic especially around Derbyshire and the like, but since they cooperated with another company (which for the life of me i can’t recall the name) its been much better.
Seem to be affected where there are lots of surrounding electricity pylons, but dare say thats the same for all networks.
Have no intention of changing networks unless the merger/takeover with/by BT destroys all that is good about the service.

I still run a steam powered phone, and the older simpler phone designs seem to hang on to clearer calls better as well as a charge lasting a week or more of constant use instead of hours.
Whether thats a solution for you, or maybe you could run two phones, one smart jobbie for internet and play time and a proper phone for making and keeping calls.

Vodafone sim only 12 month contract ( not business )
Unlimited calls ( the norm uk land line and mobile networks)
Unlimited text ( both are truly UNLIMITED and non of this 1 hour and you have to re connect )
And 3 gig of data .
Signal may drop out once and a while but that’s when your on the move.
Oh and it’s 4g .

All for the princely sum of £10.20 inc vat

xfmatt:
I was wondering which network you lot find the best for signal coverage across the country?

Cheers
Matt

They’re all zb imo. These things are meant for people who don’t get about much, I can blow 3gig of data in 1 day[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Pimpdaddy:

xfmatt:
I was wondering which network you lot find the best for signal coverage across the country?

Cheers
Matt

They’re all zb imo. These things are meant for people who don’t get about much, I can blow 3gig of data in 1 day[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

[emoji108][emoji97][emoji6]

martinviking:

Pimpdaddy:

xfmatt:

Cheers
Matt

[emoji108][emoji97][emoji6]

Gimpladdy has been busted, by his own admission by the looks of things…wanna get out a bit more fella!! :laughing:

Actrosman:
Gimpladdy has been busted, by his own admission by the looks of things…wanna get out a bit more fella!! :laughing:

…?

Pimpdaddy:

Actrosman:

…?

‘Made for people who don’t get our much’ yet ‘can use 3gig/day’? On what, may I ask?

Actrosman:
‘Made for people who don’t get our much’ yet ‘can use 3gig/day’? On what, may I ask?

Tethering mostly…

Pimpdaddy:

Actrosman:

Tethering mostly…

Yea Right ! [emoji57]

Xhamster ■■?

martinviking:
Yea Right ! [emoji57]

Xhamster ■■?

Only when PH is down or something…[emoji6][emoji16]

Pimpdaddy:

martinviking:
Yea Right ! [emoji57]

Xhamster ■■?

Only when PH is down or something…[emoji6][emoji16]

Hahaha…is that after you’ve done with myfreecams?? Not entirely sure what that’s all about, is it like Worldcams or summat, so you can have a look at Times Square etc?