Which one ADR or HIAB

Hi all,

Just wondering which out off ADR or HIAB would be worth training for?

Is their more off demand for either one?

Thanks

I see more jobs come up that have a hiab requirement than ADR, but that is just in my local area; I would imagine it all depends on location

+1 Hiab then Jewson’s Travis are your oyster or what about getting your Moffatt licence ?

I have got my assessment drive for class one on 16th feb wanted added somethin while was in training mode!

Another reason behind my thinking was i do want to put abit a graff in while working not much just lol.

I’m biased cos we do ADR but not HIAB (yet). You might find this interesting viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133557

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks pete i keep it mind if i decide to go for ADR. :smiley:

Having done the ADR course with PSTT, the guy they got in was excellent. From Liverpool and full of stories which made it more interesting.

thanks radar when did you do the training? how long did you have to wait for work?

Mosey:
thanks radar when did you do the training? how long did you have to wait for work?

The ADR course? It was done in house at PSTT centre in Mansfield. Not actually used my ADR yet, haven’t given it to the office yet.

Yes adr sorry. Think am going do hiab and adr over next few months.

ADR counts towards your CPC 35 hours as well.

We get 28 hours towards it for doing what we always did anyway. :unamused:

Both counts towards CPC

ADR - if you are person who likes work in cab.
HIAB - if you are person who likes work outside.

ADR will be more driving job HIAB will be more strapper, construction worker, mud type of work.

ADR will pay a bit more, but less hours you will get.
HIAB will be a less pay than ADR but more working hours.

Both counts towards CPC

It’s not automatic so don’t take it for granted. The trainer has to have the course approved by JAUPT for it to be a cpc course.

It’s perfectly possible to gain either HIAB or ADR without it being valid for driver cpc. Always check with the trainer before booking.

And don’t rely on the JAUPT website. If, for instance, you were to check us out on the courses website, ADR doesn’t appear. That’s because we operate our ADR courses through a training consortium. It’s an academic exercise that happens to work to our advantage in this particular instance.

So, to be certain, ask your trainer before booking.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

And just to echo what Peter has said, get it in writing, that way you have some recourse from your trainer. Or in reality probably not!

All depends how much experience driving you have i would have thought ( could be wrong )

If you are a newbie would it make a difference? Would you get a start? No idea tbh. If you are an experienced driver looking for a change then certainly might be worth it

Better looking what region you are looking for work, do some research then decide what is best

ADR helped with me getting a start, and also kept me in the job while other limpers were let go when demand dropped…
But I do see more job adverts for HIAB, possibly because quite a few older Newbies are doing ADR as part/most of their CPC.

Yes NickW88, I’m an old git! :smiley:

Thanks everyone for advice much appreciated. :smiley: