Which Oil?

I’m more than happy with buying my diesel off the Co’ cos I’m quite sure that they only use quality bunker fuel, + a tyre is a tyre innit, not really much to worry about & they only need replacing at MOT time.

But I cannot find out what oil I should be putting in?

It uses about 1/2 litre per day & the boss man says as it’s going in for a service next week they’ll need at least 3galls, I wouldn’t mind but they want £33 per gall if I use their supply?

whatoildoineed.com/

Firstly car or truck?

Car if petrol will need a 5w30 or 0w30, fully syn should cost about £20-£30 for a gallon depending on supplier.

If diesal car low saps oil check C rating.

Truck will be low saps fully syn 5/30 about £10 a litre as brought in bulk.

Dork Lard:
I’m more than happy with buying my diesel off the Co’ cos I’m quite sure that they only use quality bunker fuel, + a tyre is a tyre innit, not really much to worry about & they only need replacing at MOT time.

But I cannot find out what oil I should be putting in?

It uses about 1/2 litre per day & the boss man says as it’s going in for a service next week they’ll need at least 3galls, I wouldn’t mind but they want £33 per gall if I use their supply?

The oil your garage uses is possibly long life fully synthetic but does sound a little expensive. What sort of truck is it? 3 gallons/15 litres isnt much. Half a litre a day would suggest a problem somewhere, piston blow by/oil leak/ turbo seals ect and may be worth investigating when its in the shop…

Your post needs more exposition. Its like asking someone for an answer without telling them the question.

Dorklard…i cant work out your position in the company. You talk of buying fuel, saying tyres dont matter ( they do…dont want remoulds do ya, or inferior makes ) then you say the truck is using 1/2 a litre of oil a day, but the BOSS…is saying its going in the garage next week…why would you be buying fuel if its not your motor, and why be so concerned ? explain please.

Ignore the stupid ignorant ■■■■

TiredAndEmotional:
Ignore the stupid ignorant [zb]

+1

He should come and work at my place, apparently due to idiots [zb]ing up and putting in too much oil we are no longer permitted to put oil in ourselves, we have to call a fitter out to do it if it’s low, not allowed to change bulbs either…

Whilst I dislike the dumbing down of our job due to a few knuckle draggers out there I’ve got to admit it’s nice not to have to potch about with the 45gal drum and windey handle pump thing, now if they could just start washing a few trucks with battery acid and sandpaper so we get banned from washing vehicles too that’d be great, not that it affects me of course as shunter tugs move far too quickly to have dirt settle on them :laughing: