Which is your favourite atlas?

Just out of complete curiosity, which Is your favourite? I’ve just picked one up today called “Philips navigator, Truckers Britain” It’s not bad, but its is way to big, need to find a smaller one! How many of you actually still use them?

Errmmm sat nav? With google maps on phone as back up

My favourite is Toubkal.

It’s 4167m.

AA Philips truck map is a bit smaller and just as good…And no.Don’t just rely on a sat nav…Without some backup…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Philips Navigator a must have. For back up if nothing else beacuse your sat nav will go down sometimes and your phone wont be smart enough to realise your in a HGV

Yeah, I’ve never really relied on sat navs so I thought I’d get back up just if everything goes ■■■■ up! Was just curious to see who used what! :slight_smile:

eagerbeaver:
My favourite is Toubkal.

It’s 4167m.

Lol! I’ve only just re read that and realised what you ment!

I use a Philips Navigator purely for those rare Planner ■■■■ -ups. I usually only cover certain areas/counties and my 7 Philips Street Atlases are the dogs. Wouldn’t go without them. Only problem is, most are now “out of print” with no future re-run. Dumfries & Galloway is one now deceased.

Those AA atlases found in those Works discount book shops are pretty good, no big expense if they fall apart. The enlarged London map included is good for making notes on.Google maps is my map of choice but I do have a Collins Greater London map, excellent.

Philips navigator

i like the one with all the different coloured lines on it that looks like a picture of the country if you rip all the pages out and line them up next to each other :slight_smile:

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Really useful for those unexpected night closures and bizarre detours.

1476143591518.jpg

AA truckers atlas was easier to read, and came in two sizes.

I used to use the AA truckers and earlier issues of Collins road atlases (no bridge heights side by side), where Collins scored well was the urban area maps and that every roundabout in the country was marked.

The Philips is ok, but the mapping is too busy for general lorry work and the map is heavy and ■■■■■■■■■■■

Many years ago Michelin used to publish bridge height maps, possibly before the AA did the same, but they were slightly too small a scale.

Yes i know the current fashion is for satnav only, but lorry drivers choose their own routes and learn the best for themselves over the years, not let some electronic toy tell them which way to go.