Which is the best paid trucking job?

Morning truckers,

Hope you are all well.

Simply, which type of hgv work typically pays the best salaries, in which sector??

I’m about to start working as a tipper for road resurfacing company with also transporting heavy plant machinery, the day and night rates are very good. Will be working some long hours and also some short days with potential sleeping in the cab for some night’s.

Just thought I’d ask the question regarding best type of truck work.

Have a good day everyone

Working for contractors rebuilding Iraq can pay 6 figure salaries, tax free too. But take heed of the following which I found on an advert:

It should be understood that employment may be located in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones. This might involve the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire. These dangers are inherent to working conditions in a dangerous environment.

Failing that, you could try Slam Transport, as one of their trampers told me he clears £1500 per week :unamused:

Fuel delivery or car transporters

Pallet network type things :slight_smile:

Id say utility work gas electric water driving 8 wheel clamshell. Best paid job i had and a second man into the bargain. 8 oclock start half 4 finish. Can be on call as well for emergency work. Good rates.

The 2nd man i had done the whacking the type 1 whilst i dropped it in the tracks etc. He was on 120 a shift.

Failing that the job your in. Tar work pays well as well as shifting the plant.

It depends on what you mean by best paid?
Is it how much can you take home a week if you put in all the hours and nights out possible or how much per hour?

It’s the one that pays all the bills and that you enjoy doing. Simple really.

ezydriver:
Working for contractors rebuilding Iraq can pay 6 figure salaries, tax free too. But take heed of the following which I found on an advert:

It should be understood that employment may be located in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones. This might involve the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire. These dangers are inherent to working conditions in a dangerous environment.

Failing that, you could try Slam Transport, as one of their trampers told me he clears £1500 per week :unamused:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
id reckon the bricklayers out there would be on top earnings… :slight_smile:

During the 80’s we were in the top ten of UK earners driving petrol tankers.
Still have the newspaper cut out somewhere. :laughing:

Lewis Hamilton, if he ever decides to get a HGV licence… :unamused: :unamused:

…Or HM The Queen - if she ever decides to get a Blue Card… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Your job is the best job, be happy with it or get another one. Never mind what others wouldn’t get out of bed for etc.

woodys and harrisons jobs must have been up there with the top earners?

Best paid by far are Own account firms, where their transport is secondary, and a means of moving their own manufactured goods.
A bit of a dying breed as many have been taken over and infested by the likes of Stobbys, Wincanton and that type of ilk, where their ex drivers are taken on doing the same job but for a lesser wage and worst t.s & c.s. :unamused:

robroy:
Best paid by far are Own account firms, where their transport is secondary, and a means of moving their own manufactured goods.
A bit of a dying breed as many have been taken over and infested by the likes of Stobbys, Wincanton and that type of ilk, where their ex drivers are taken on doing the same job but for a lesser wage and worst t.s & c.s. :unamused:

There were some fantastic strictly unionised transporter jobs that weren’t own account, but even they ain’t what they used to be, probably the best paid out there are Ford’s car transporters, followed by Ford’s parts artics.

I agree own account is where the best jobs are, but what never ceases to amaze me is just how many bods lucky enough to have these remaining goods jobs don’t have the bloody nous to look after it :unamused: , far too quickly forgetting what it was like in their previous job for one of the logistics mobs typified by the two mentioned, presumably they’ll be happy when they’ve bollocksed the job up enough it gets handed over to contract and they’re back where they started :bulb:

robroy:

That reminds me, recently XPO took over the transport side at Johnstone Paints or Kalon or whatever they call themselves nowadays in Birstall Leeds and they have ■■■■■■ it up big style. So many damaged pallets are getting sent back and whispers are Kalon are regretting not keeping the transport in house. All the original drivers were laid off and some had been there years. It was a dead mans shoes job. You had to work in the factory for a long period of time before you could get on driving for them.

ArcticMonkey:

robroy:

That reminds me, recently XPO took over the transport side at Johnstone Paints or Kalon or whatever they call themselves nowadays in Birstall Leeds and they have [zb] it up big style. So many damaged pallets are getting sent back and whispers are Kalon are regretting not keeping the transport in house. All the original drivers were laid off and some had been there years. It was a dead mans shoes job. You had to work in the factory for a long period of time before you could get on driving for them.

I wondered why they are always advertising for drivers through agencies . I think Taskmasters are the ones who are looking