Which ferryport #2 [Got by Colingl]

Hopefully, this one is trickier than my last one. :blush: :blush:

I’m waiting for a ferry, but which UK mainland ferryport am I about to set off from?

Dscn2130small.jpg

Claonaig on Kintyre? For the ferry to Lochranza on Arran.

i was going to say western ferries on the wee slip outside dunoon looking up the clyde but having no idea about the kityre one then id go with the above…only because that looks like paul mcartneys zafira there parked on the ramp. :slight_smile:

Colingl:

:open_mouth: Blimey Col… I thought that this one would last a bit longer, but…

You’re spot-on, we have a winner.

dieseldog999:
i was going to say western ferries on the wee slip outside dunoon looking up the clyde but having no idea about the kityre one then id go with the above…only because that looks like paul mcartneys zafira there parked on the ramp. :slight_smile:

Hi dd,

I did the Dunoon one a couple of years ago, but it was disguised by “where’s this light house” IIRC.

Col absolutely nailed this one. :smiley:

dieseldave:

Colingl:

Sorry Dave. :blush: Spent most of my youth on Arran, climbing up and around Goatfell, so I did
have an unfair advantage. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Colingl:

dieseldave:

Colingl:

Sorry Dave. :blush: Spent most of my youth on Arran, climbing up and around Goatfell, so I did
have an unfair advantage. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not sorry Col, you got it with proper knowledge.

As for Goatfell, I gave that one a miss, but we did do Glenashdale Falls, and trip right the way around Arran including the String Road.

Now that I’ve done both, I can confirm that a trip around Arran needs a longer time than a trip around Barra. :smiley: :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: