Which ferryport #1? [Got by icbh]

I’m on a ferry, but which UK mainland ferryport am I about to set off from?

Click on pic to see full size:

Img_1738small.jpg

Ardrossan?

+1…thats horse island there i think?

icbh:
Ardrossan?

…is the correct answer, we have a winner.

That didn’t last long. :frowning:

dieseldog999:
+1…thats horse island there i think?

I had to look that up, but yes… you’re spot-on. :smiley:

When you’re in Brodick check out the new pier, I took all the concrete sections from Larne to build that … :slight_smile: poxy job, took over a week to unload them !!

raymundo:
When you’re in Brodick check out the new pier, I took all the concrete sections from Larne to build that … :slight_smile: poxy job, took over a week to unload them !!

I did Raymundo, and a fine piece of work it is too.

I don’t know if you’ve been back since, but they’ve done a really good job of it. :smiley:

Yea quite a few times Dave as this was one of our loading spots for round timber …

madeingreece.jpg

raymundo:
Yea quite a few times Dave as this was one of our loading spots for round timber …

Blimey raymundo, that looks like a nice calm day… we had no such luck! :frowning:

wheres the loader driver?
looks like he could possibly have been “on the point of being dangerously tired” and is having a kip somewhere?
or is he away up goatfell looking for spare parts for his aeroplane… :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldave:

raymundo:

Blimey raymundo, that looks like a nice calm day… we had no such luck! :frowning:

It had to be calm to sail that kite, unmanageable in any thing more than a puff of wind when empty and landing her on the ramp first time and in the correct position was a stomach churning exercise and in the three years I was skipper of her it never got any easier and as this photo proves it could get a lot worse … :frowning:

After three days in Buckie being repaired and on the way back to the boat in the back of my van which on the way home the clutch master cylinder died on me and I was so ■■■■■■ off with the whole affair I scrapped the van … a 2010 Movano ffs !! :open_mouth:

what was worse,scrapping the van,or the 3 days in buckie?..ken :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
what was worse,scrapping the van,or the 3 days in buckie?..ken :slight_smile:

I live just 20 mile from Buckie so I got an extra 3 days at home on full pay waiting to take them back to Troon plus £1 per mile for the van … :slight_smile:

good for you then…that props a work of art btw.
scarce to see such expertise nowadays.