Which CPC for D1E?

Hi guys

Bit of a funny one. We have a driver who is completing his D1E training and test. Our driver passed his car test in 1995, and so has “acquired rights” with a D1 & 101 restriction.

He intends on using his license professionally, and so will need to conform to Driver CPC regulations and possess a DQC.

I was under the impression he will need to complete Mod 2 & Mod 4 (practical demonstration) to lift the 101 restriction and allow the license to be used to carry fare paying passengers. However, reading the CPC exemptions, I stumbled across this:

"Driver C drives a minibus under a D1 (101 - Not for Hire or Reward) driving licence, transporting farm labourers around a farm on public roads between fields. They need Driver CPC as it’s not non-commercial carriage of passengers for personal use.
However, Driver C has ‘acquired rights’ so they won’t need to pass the Driver CPC initial qualification. They will need to complete 35 hours of periodic training by 10 September 2013 and every 5 years thereafter."

Surely, CPC is CPC - whether it is needed for one reason or another, there would only be one pathway into gaining a Drivers Qualification Card.

If anyone can give me any help on this I would be very grateful!

Cheers.

If a pre 1997 car driver has a 101 coded D1 and D1+E then goes on to pass the D1 and D1+E tests they have a choice for doing DCPC

They can either do initial PCV modules 2 an4 or do the 35 hours periodic

If they choose to do the periodic then they must request by email to have them accredited = cpcre@dsa.gsi.gov.uk

If they already have a current LGV DQC then using the same email address they can simply have the PCV added to that DQC without doing anything

What will that driver be doing with the minibus?