Which country restricts

…the amount of fuel that you’re allowed to bring in.

Switzerland?! I remember reading it here in one of the diaries but can’t remember who… Could have been Coffeeholic… :blush: :blush: :unamused:

There’s no restriction in Switzerland.

I don’t know if it’s still on, but Poland was trying to enforce it some years ago.

I was in Poland last year and there was no restriction, either on the way in or on the way back into Germany although the Zoll are rather keen on cigarettes at the mo.

As far as I know they tried to introduce it on east border and charge duty for some lorries. I am not too sure, how it’s ended, as I wasn’t following that, but I suppose that have something to do with smuggling of diesel rather then with trucking industry.

Possibly they restrict trucks arriving from Belarus and Ukraine, but I have no intention of finding out!

I also, but If someone will need, i can check that.

None EU Countries may enforce a Limit of the amount of fuel you can take in and bring out.

EU Countries cant now because of the Free Movement permitted between EU Member State Borders, the fuel limits were scrapped when the borders were removed, If I think rightly.

DaveyDave is right, any restrictions between EU members would be illegal, Switzerland and Norway could, but don’t. However, come back into EU from, Ukraine, Belarus, Turkey, Marocco etc, and the chances are you may well have restictions.

I’m sure that the Spanish get the right hump if you come in with too much from Gib, it’s been a long long time since I went there in a lorry but as far as I know they still have limits as Gib is classed as duty free.

It seems that the Spanish get the hump about Gibralter anyway.

Today Gibraltar is utter chaos with Spanish and local drivers queuing at the fuel stations in Gibraltar panic-buying. Each petrol station is controlled by police to keep the traffic moving. Morrisons, the main supermarket here, received a delivery from the UK - their lorry had all its windows smashed by pickets on its way through Spain. Fresh food is now running out.

Syria have banned belly tanks.

limeyphil:

Ar those the tanks that go under the trailers? Would that be for bringin cheap fuel in or taking it out? I would assume taking it in. Does that mean that fuel is cheaper outside of Syria than inside?

Cheaper in Syria. But they don’t want you taking to much out and selling it. I suppose if they carried on allowing it, it would look like they were condoning smuggling.
The Turks were at it all the time.

limeyphil:

Have Syria ever allowed Belly tanks? I thought that was the reason for the tank farm in Akseray.

One of my tilt trailers had bolted inspection plates in the tank which came with its own set of problems in Dover.

Don’t know the reason.

We had a tank made on the headboard of a tilt. The bloke who made it didn’t strengthen it. It burst. What a mess.
We expected a big enquiry. We heard nothing.
Now that was lucky. If that happened nowadays it would be rubber gloves and vaseline. :laughing:

limeyphil:
Don’t know the reason.

We had a tank made on the headboard of a tilt. The bloke who made it didn’t strengthen it. It burst. What a mess.
We expected a big enquiry. We heard nothing.
Now that was lucky. If that happened nowadays it would be rubber gloves and vaseline. :laughing:

Not in this house :stuck_out_tongue:

newmercman:
I’m sure that the Spanish get the right hump if you come in with too much from Gib, it’s been a long long time since I went there in a lorry but as far as I know they still have limits as Gib is classed as duty free.

In the past few years I have been across the border in and out of Gib hundreds of times and never had the tanks dipped going either way. I always fill up there - the Guardia seem more bothered about ■■■■ and booze than fuel, although given the current price of diesel here that might well change.

We used go Gib, mate left his fuel receipt on dash, they found it and nicked him.
Never did have tank checked going on or off.

orys:
I don’t know if it’s still on, but Poland was trying to enforce it some years ago.

oh yee of big knowledge on all things polish and wouldn’t know about the 200l restriction? let me guess, you were busy speaking english and other foreign languages with other pans to notice that.

milodon, currently in some hellhole in ukraine