Which countries accept a class 1

and is a retest allways needed in them…particularly interested in austrailia in a few years when i have some experience under my belt…its not like the tv programme A LIFE DOWN UNDER is it were people seem to come back and are treated like second class citizens un willing to be given a job because they are a pom…

Well, This one won’t thats for sure.

As far as I know, virtually any country outside of the European Union, would require a retest for Class 1.

When I first moved to the States and told them I had almost ten years tractor trailer experience they laughed and asked if it was on one of those “lorries”. I had to start as a rookie and earn the respect of US truckers, I know they used to watch me in the yard, with the jibes, “bet he can’t make that” kinda comment, but I did and they now realise I must have got my experience which is invariably where more than theirs somewhere.

As for Australia, I think I read somewhere in T & D recently(upto a year) that they respect the experience but you still have to retest. Skippy or Boots would be the best guys on here to answer that.

Stuart

They do tend to take the mickt about “LORRIES” till I tell them that with the imperial ton being 3300lbs as opposed to 2000lbs here andthe max hieght being 16’6" so having car transporters three decks high and the gross being almost 120,000lbs … they soon stop laughing.

thanks guys… are the wages in aus comparable

goofball:
thanks guys… are the wages in aus comparable

Not if you intend to bring money home to the UK, the last time I checked it was $4 (Aus) to the pound

Goofball,might have a few sites you can suss out.They are the official state licencing sites and if you send them an email they would be able to clarify your request about re-tests etc.As different States have different regulations I cant really answer but I think that in Western Australia you can basically change your car and light truck licence over at the licence branch without the hassles.
Victoria VICROADS www.vicroads.gov.au
New South Wales www.rta.gov.au
Queensland www.transport.qld.gov.au
Its a pain as I have held a Victorian H/C(Heavy Combination Semi)licence for over 10 years and worked in USA where I obtained a “Triple Trailer” endorsement.To upgrade I wouldn’t have to re-test on theory for my upgrade to Australian B-Double but would have had to pay $800.00 to drive around the block and show that I was competent to operate a B-Double!!!
Also you might have a look at www.migrationexpert.com for visa queries etc.
Dont believe in too much you see on TV,everyone is treated the same here,just that a few British immigrants still have the"Born To Rule as we are British" syndrom-dont try it here as Aussies wont put up with that rubbish and you will get on well with everyone.
Wages are around the AUD$18.00-20.00 P/Hour for casual semi drivers in Cities and less in regional areas.Police and teachers are on about AUD$45,000.00-50,000.00 per year range as a comparison.Probably the most universal wage comparison is that a McDonald’s Big Mac costs AUD$3.85.
Any more questions feel free to ask. :sunglasses:

thanks boots …tahanks all

Goofball
Your c+e is classed as a heavy rigid over here,but strangely enough the class A FROM THE US IS CLASSED AS A HC…What a strange world!!! The work over here is the same ■■■■ different country,so stay where you are for money,but to see us is well worth it :laughing: :laughing:
Skippy(now back home)

Welcome back home Skippy!

Got a few other states licence websites;
West.Australia www.mainroads.wa.gov.au
South Australia www.transport.sa.gov.au
Nth Territory www.nt.gov.au

There was an article on a Dutch tourist driving semi’s here in Australia,they dont have a link but the magazines email is; od@pubserv.com.au
"Owner Driver"magazine Nov/Dec 2003 edition.

boots:
,just that a few British immigrants still have the"Born To Rule as we are British" syndrom-)

You mean we’re not born to rule? :open_mouth: :cry:

Hey Cliff,sounds like you have that chip firmly implanted on your shoulder!LOL Only joking mate,why is it TV only shows the minority that reinforces the stereotype Pommy Whinger?Same as the image of Aussies as all uncouth,ocker disrespecting lager louts.As well as all Americans as fat,loudmouth carpetbaggers plus,as you probably have never been told,US of A saved you guys in WWII,and dont forget it either. :laughing: :laughing:

The US or anyone else didn’t 'Save ’ the British, we were holding out good enough for a few years and after the Battle of Britain the Germans had already abandoned plans to invade England because the cost in men and plane had ruined them.
After we had stood up for ourselves for a few years and squashed the German advance, all the others came in to claim glory.
Not that we don’t apreciate all the help, and no way could Britain have done anything other than keep Britain secure, but no other country “SAVED” us. :exclamation:

Hey Pat, Boots is having a laugh, he’s being sarcastic at the Yanks, not us! all he’s doing is repeating the line I’ve heard and I’m sure you’ve heard so many times from the Yanks about how the they bailed us out and won all our wars for us!

Any of you Americans having any misconceptions about how ‘you’ won the war for us, just remember, at least WE WERE THERE ON TIME!!!, AND THAT APPLIES TO BOTH WORLD WARS!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Americans don’t usually have much to say about the matter til we get slammed with the “Born to rule as we are British” syndrome. It’s just said to knock you down a peg or two. Pat knows that, and I might just need to give him a swift kick in the a$$ to remind him when he wakes up. He can have that syndrome worse than any Brit I know. I didnt see much of him yesterday… somebody must have said something to wind him up. The war was 60 years ago, isn’t it time to get over it?

"Dont mention the war, "

"I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it! :smiley:

“Will you stop talking about the war?”

“You started it”

“No I didnt”

“Yes you did” " You invaded Poland" :smiley: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
"Dont mention the war, "

"I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it! :smiley:

“Will you stop talking about the war?”

“You started it”

“No I didnt”

“Yes you did” " You invaded Poland" :smiley: :smiley:

CLASSIC :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Got it on tape and watch it frequently :laughing: :laughing:

well said pat…and keep reminding them that we as a small island conquered the world…and discovered a lot of it too…took all the goodies out…then gave it back…we dont need an empire anymore…but we will never forget the world wars we won…with a bit of help from outsiders who only came in when it was nearly over…and there was money to be made…shame about all the lives lost though…thats the thing about the british…get them in a corner and theyll come back fighting…especially if someones talking about their country…and we still rule the roost wherever we are in the world…let no one forget that…G.B. really is great…