Which are the best Sat Navs?

Just wondering what everyone else’s opinions are on Sat Navs?

What’s the best ones out there?

Anyone purchased that co-pilot Truck on iPhone?

Thanks

Please tell me this is a wind up :unamused: :unamused:

please tell me he hasn’t used the search function ■■

I`m sure Pat will be along shortly to give his opinion about satnavs.

Phillips. They do a great truckers one. Doesn’t stick to the window too well though.

Captain Caveman 76:
Phillips. They do a great truckers one. Doesn’t stick to the window too well though.

And lane assist is pony! :smiley:

Trucker-Millward:

Thanks

Bought a snooper with built in dash cam

It’s been ok, bridges / weight limits seem up to date so far.

Trucker-Millward:

Thanks

I use copilot and Google maps. It’s working well for me, I use copilot for the bulk of the run and Google maps to walk me up to the yard.

Copilot gives you a 2 weeks free trial, so download it and check it out for yourself, if you don’t get on with it, you’ve lost nothing. You can either pay 85 quid for a years license, of 8.99 per month, no contract, so it’s way better than a standalone Sat nav in that respect.

Few years ago I spent £300 on a Tom Tom truck sat nav, quality kit, however if I was going to buy another think I would by a £50 one off e bay, few of our drivers have them n they do the job, no problem

Best Sat Nav?

Easy:-- Mk1 brain with input from Mk1 eyeballs and, sometimes, assistance from Mk1 Gob.

:smiley: :smiley:

Ironically Tomtom sent me an email at the weekend with an offer for my 6000 truck to add a 3 month sub for “world maps” to it for £19.99, so as I’m thinking of heading to the states for my hols I decided to take up the offer. However it transpired that “world maps” can’t be added to the 6000. So after a slightly long winded phone call to TomTom’s customer services (in India?) I asked them rather then refund me the money, they transferred the subscription to my rather battered GO950 live which served me well in the past, but the thing is so old it doesn’t even have the Selby bypass on it.
So now I have the 950 setup with the latest maps, & using my old bridge heights POI’s and PocketGPS world speed camera database added, I couldn’t add these custom POI’s to the 6000 truck

CoPilot every time for me. I have used it on my iphone and on my ipad, I prefer the ipad size in preference. Sat Navs are essentially an expensive waste of money but for some reason, drivers are suckered into parting with hundreds of ££ pounds to get something that you can get for free with google maps. However CoPilot offers a great alternative being smarter than Google maps and far superior to branded expensive truck sat navs. You will get people saying Tom Tom, Garmin & Snooper are great, these are simply marketed and packaged to sucker you in. I can recommend CoPilot as better than any of these and at the same time it will do the job better, faster and is the cheaper option compared to the branded well marketed products.

UKtramp:
CoPilot every time for me. I have used it on my iphone and on my ipad, I prefer the ipad size in preference. Sat Navs are essentially an expensive waste of money but for some reason, drivers are suckered into parting with hundreds of ££ pounds to get something that you can get for free with google maps. However CoPilot offers a great alternative being smarter than Google maps and far superior to branded expensive truck sat navs. You will get people saying Tom Tom, Garmin & Snooper are great, these are simply marketed and packaged to sucker you in. I can recommend CoPilot as better than any of these and at the same time it will do the job better, faster and is the cheaper option compared to the branded well marketed products.

Bet TomTom are glad they sent you one of there sat nav to review .