Which 6*4 grab waggon to buy?

Hi all this is my first post so go easy!!
I am looking to buy a used prob around an 05 plate 6 by 4 grab/tipper waggon been told Daf is the one to go for but are the others such as Iveco etc poor or is it just personal preference also what sort of price would be fair going for such a waggon?
Any advice gladly received

stay away from iveco and hmf cranes :wink:

Which are the better lower maintenance cranes as I will be owner operator don’t want waggon or crane costing £££s and lost work all the time truck will be used in a 15 mile radius so no motorway use just want to know as much as poss before I take the plunge can’t afford to buy trouble lol

Palfingers are pretty good.

kr79:
Palfingers are pretty good.

This is true but ,Palfinger bits are very expensive ,the main uk dealer is very difficult to deal with .

We run quite a few grabs with either atlas, HMF, or epsilon on Daf or Hino.
The Atlas dont have oil coolers so are always blowing seals and slue tubes are prone to cracking
The HMF’s are never out the workshop constant electical probs and a lot of people wont let them on site
due to past saftey probs.
The epsilon’ are more expensive but they are a much better crane with just the regular work needed.
But all this depends on the man operating it. If there prone to no always putting the legs down or just being
rough with the controls it soon shows.
As for the truck Please for the love of god do not get a Daf with an auto box they are a total nightmare.
Mite work great up and down the motoway but a complete pain working in tight spaces by open works.
Other than that there no worse than anything else just the constant wiring problems.
If your not buying new then dont bother with anything over 4 yearold unless you are used to working on them
yourself because they will cost you dear.

palfinger/epsillon are expensive for a reason… nothing else comes close.
i’ve been driving grabs for 15 plus years,never had a bad epsillon crane.they’re fast and powerful too.
the sensors on the later computerised ones can be a right pain though.i prefer to have all the forcefield sensors disabled,not as straightforward on the new ones…

i too use a palfinger pk12000 performance daily and its almost 9yrs old and over 11k hours use and still strong as ever but yeh they cost a lot when they do go wrong.

We’re looking at a 6x4 grab wagon, not many for sale on the net under 5 years old. I’ve seen a few MANs in good condition but they’re 280bhp with the 7l engine. Would I be right thinking this would be gutless?
Seen a few automatic Dafs and MANs which I’ve told my boss to steer clear of, unless he wants brand new.

do not go for MAN D08 euro 5, absolute pile of ■■■, underpowered and suffer with coolant loss, always be in the workshop. !!

m-prop:
do not go for MAN D08 euro 5, absolute pile of ■■■, underpowered and suffer with coolant loss, always be in the workshop. !!

I thought there was a good reason why a MAN TGM 280 auto on an 08 was going so cheaply on Truck Trader. I think Daf CF 310 like we have now is the best bet. Not the cheapest but with a remap it’d go well. On a tangent has anyone seen the Merc Antos 6w grab for sale on TT? £125K, it looks like an 8w with the second axle removed. Utterly hideous.