Where's this then?

to be sure to be sure i tink i know !!! :smiley:

be jezez, ya could be roit :slight_smile:

Would have thought Wolfie would have got this by now, or is he on his hols?
We went to ***** to load a cargo of scrap for Pasages in N Spain but when we left we had a North Westerly gale of wind coming in of the Atlantic at us on our starboard side (right hand for the landlubbers) so should have stayed in port. A clue maybe?

raymundo:
We went to ***** to load a cargo of scrap for Pasages in N Spain but when we left we had a North Westerly gale of wind coming in of the Atlantic at us on our starboard side (right hand for the landlubbers) so should have stayed in port. A clue maybe?

i’m sure martin must be on hols too !!
well thats a sly clue bet it will go now !!!

legin66:

raymundo:

i’m sure martin must be on hols too !!
well thats a sly clue bet it will go now !!!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I honestly don’t know where it is, I’m guessing Ireland from the earlier comments but the only port I have been into there is Belfast, and I don’t think thats it…

Spot on there Martin, Belfast it is …not, sorry

ps. Its not a ferry port btw

ok well here goes

its rosses point

sligo [ sly, go,] did give it martin!!

county sligo

north west ireland

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

That’s the place, or Metal Man Rock, a notorious lump of stone that had led to the demise of a number of ships prior to the construction around 1820. He is pointing to the safe water route towards Sligo. Not many truckers know that, me neither till I looked up the details on Wikipedia :laughing:
But the photo I took