Wheres This? - Solved by Martin!

OK I didn’t expect the last one to last very long so heres another one. Wheres this? There is a clue in the pic if you’re being observant…

With all the pylons it looks like Megawatt Valley in East Yorkshire, probably the new A1M being built near Ferrybridge around 5 years ago?

Man you’re so close you’re in flames…

I would say, it’s the M62
Goole?

Lonewolf Yorks:

Geez! How close do I have to be?

OK, lets try the new A1M looking South from the new A63 junction North of Fairburn, still about 5 years ago!
You are actually on the A63 bridge crossing the new A1M

And that tree on the right is still there :laughing:

This is what it looks like now, but from the A1M under the A63 bridge :smiley:

LOL I reckon I can give it to you now, to be fair its not Ferrybridge, its a couple miles further north. Nice one! :laughing: (I was going to give it to you anyway mind lol)

Amazing how the roads have changed in the last 50 years, that road is the third A1 I have known in that area, the first was single carriageway and crossed the River Aire on the old stone bridge next to the power station, then the Ferrybridge “bypass” appeared around 1960 and now we have the latest attempt, I wonder how long that will last!

Sadly all these bypasses miss all the good tea stops, pubs and overnight parking spots, most now appear to have closed :frowning:

Back in those days I was in transport, but on the river underneath the old bridge :unamused: I lived just a few miles from there before migrating South!

Yes I also remember all three. That kink in the old road to go over the stone bridge.

Martin:

Lonewolf Yorks:

Geez! How close do I have to be?

OK, lets try the new A1M looking South from the new A63 junction North of Fairburn, still about 5 years ago!
You are actually on the A63 bridge crossing the new A1M

And that tree on the right is still there :laughing:

This is what it looks like now, but from the A1M under the A63 bridge :smiley:

How did you take that pic…you aren’t one of those that drives the wrong way on a motorway are you??..the guy in the green car is suicidle as he is changing into your’e lane :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Al

"How did you take that pic…you aren’t one of those that drives the wrong way on a motorway are you??..the guy in the green car is suicidle as he is changing into your’e lane "

I plead guilty, not my pic… But I guess I bowled a googley (Hint, hint :unamused: )