Where's the usual holidays thread

I know a lot of lads have been working in between Chrismas and New years day, and some working today,.as I would if I was paid a good rate for it by a decent firm, as Nyd is just another day really tbf.

I’ve been off since 19th Dec, and back in next Wed.
Usually at this time of year on this forum, we get the …‘Been off long enough,.want to get back’ routine off a few, (ranging from the mildly bored, to the cab happy brainwashed. :smiley: )

This has been the strangest and quietest ( and cheapest) two weeks I’ve ever been off :open_mouth: No days out with mates watching football in the pub, or even going to a game, no meals out with the wife, and no family gatherings in restaurants as I usually enjoy doing this time of year.

Instead, I’ve just ‘slobbed out’ all holiday :blush: ,.eating, drinking,.watching non atmospheric football games :unamused: , binge watching tv shows such.as ‘Salvage hunters’ Combat Dealers, Comedies,.and even old John Wayne movies I last saw as a kid, a bit of time on Trucknet and E.bay, and spent a lot of time with my wife, which is good.
You know what? I’ve loved it, I never got bored as such,.and would not care if I never saw another ■■■■ truck again.
Am I normal? :laughing: :laughing:

Can’t say you’ve ever been normal Rob :grimacing: :grimacing:

Been a weird one here, I’ve been off but the Mrs has been at work. She’s currently off until Monday and I start back Monday too. I booked it off as its the first one in 8 years that I’ve not been working on the railway (although have had several calls in the lead up trying to get me to work, pity my tickets have ran out :laughing: :laughing: ) Got to be honest and say that I’m not booking the week off next year with Xmas falling on a Saturday and Sunday, I’ll offer to work the BH for them and use the days later in the year, mainly as I use my holidays fir tidying up around the place and no bloody where is open to get anything at this time of year.

Have missed the social side a little though, even though we’re anti social buggers. Seriously missing going for a nice steak with the family.

Both our main customers were shut down , so no point being in to do a hand full of pallets from fradley
Back on Monday and then see what this year has to hold

robroy:
Am I normal? :laughing: :laughing:

Depends on ones definition of “normal”
If normal is not wanting to drive a lorry ever again, ime with you. I cant wait to hang the keys up

I can’t wait to go back to work ,well every days a work day really but I had me hernia done at the start of this week so won’t be going far for a good while ,first trip to the bog in 5 days feels like I’ve Eaten the plate tray knife & fork too :cry: :slight_smile: hopefully when the mrs returns to work I can escape the house to the garage ,I’am on the look out for an electric wheelchair with a tow bar :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
I can’t wait to go back to work ,well every days a work day really but I had me hernia done at the start of this week so won’t be going far for a good while ,first trip to the bog in 5 days feels like I’ve Eaten the plate tray knife & fork too :cry: :slight_smile: hopefully when the mrs returns to work I can escape the house to the garage ,I’am on the look out for an electric wheelchair with a tow bar :laughing:

Isn’t Mrs looking after you well enough, waiting on you hand and foot, bringing you a warm Beer, and attending to your everything

Punchy Dan:

You’ve got a bad case of Ownerdriveritis there Dan,.I was a fellow sufferer once, but cured and given the all clear years ago, and never looked back :sunglasses: …So that paired with your Foden (and all things ■■■■■■■■ addiction is a dodgy combination mate. :smiley:
You’re a lost cause. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

biggriffin:

Punchy Dan:

Isn’t Mrs looking after you well enough, waiting on you hand and foot, bringing you a warm Beer, and attending to your everything

Right now I’d love a warm beer :sunglasses:

Punchy Dan:

biggriffin:

Punchy Dan:

Get yourself some Ice cool Bud mate,.and sit down in front of the football. :smiley:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

You’ve got a bad case of Ownerdriveritis there Dan,.I was a fellow sufferer once, but cured and given the all clear years ago, and never looked back :sunglasses: …So that paired with your Foden (and all things ■■■■■■■■ addiction is a dodgy combination mate. :smiley:

I’am going to video the driver on Monday going out with my baby :cry:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

Those in cab cameras are the way forward. :smiley:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

biggriffin:

Punchy Dan:

Get yourself some Ice cool Bud mate,.and sit down in front of the football. :smiley:

Other torture methods do exist :neutral_face: :laughing:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

Those in cab cameras are the way forward. :smiley:

Not sure I could bend over enough to wear my best pointy boots :laughing: plus its the only motor with no tracker in :unamused:

I’ve been off since Christmas Eve but I would sooner have just had the two Fridays off and worked the rest. I only work six months a year so I would rather max out my earnings over the Winter and have the time off in the Spring/Summer instead.

Wheres the usual holidays…?

Been off 3 years now, wild horses couldn’t drag me bag, enjoying retirement , not bored even with all this lockdown, best bit no financial loss.

Been off since Christmas eve and going back on Monday, looking forward to the slight possibility of getting a couple of weeks in lanzarote at the end of February [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Its been good to be off and relax and reset the body clock, but work resumes on Monday. The plan now is to keep my feet under the table to keep money coming in through the "bleak season" and hopefully the plan is to take a month off in July so I can drive down to the Algarve in the car, then meander around Portugal and Spain. Ferries have been booked, and a couple of hotel reservations have ben made for key dates, albeit with a free cancellation or flexi ticket basis, so if C-19 is still prevalent I can cancel of change my plans without £loss. The snowy weather and lockdown have killed of any opportunity while Ive been off for me to get out and about on the motorbike or head out in the woods hammock camping, so Ive mainly been a Slob on the sofa, albeit in dispersed with running to the front door to receive deliveries inc 120kg of Olympic weight plates for my makeshift home gym, which didnt make me popular with the guy from UPS who handballed them down the garden path. I have 1000s of TV channels and 1000s of movies I can stream via IPTV but still end up watching the same old crap :unamused:

wrighty1:
looking forward to the slight possibility of getting a couple of weeks in lanzarote at the end of February [emoji849]

I wouldnt bank of going..... Im able to watch Spanish and Portuguese TV here in the UK, and the pictures I`m seeing paint a far worse scene than we have here in the UK

peirre:
Its been good to be off and relax and reset the body clock, but work resumes on Monday. The plan now is to keep my feet under the table to keep money coming in through the "bleak season" and hopefully the plan is to take a month off in July so I can drive down to the Algarve in the car, then meander around Portugal and Spain. Ferries have been booked, and a couple of hotel reservations have ben made for key dates, albeit with a free cancellation or flexi ticket basis, so if C-19 is still prevalent I can cancel of change my plans without £loss. The snowy weather and lockdown have killed of any opportunity while Ive been off for me to get out and about on the motorbike or head out in the woods hammock camping, so Ive mainly been a Slob on the sofa, albeit in dispersed with running to the front door to receive deliveries inc 120kg of Olympic weight plates for my makeshift home gym, which didnt make me popular with the guy from UPS who handballed them down the garden path. I have 1000s of TV channels and 1000s of movies I can stream via IPTV but still end up watching the same old crap :unamused:

wrighty1:
looking forward to the slight possibility of getting a couple of weeks in lanzarote at the end of February [emoji849]

I wouldnt bank of going..... Im able to watch Spanish and Portuguese TV here in the UK, and the pictures I`m seeing paint a far worse scene than we have here in the UK

Lanzarote has a really low infection rate so no problem that end.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I ve had four months off,I never got bored either. I can always find things to do,even if I cant leave the house.I had this box set of tales of the unexpected, I’ve nearly watched them all now.
Then I play my piano, reading,the days not long enough, I dont miss driving trucks.
It’s done me good in so far as,when I retire,I wont be worried about being bored,I know what it’s like now,and it’s not so bad