Where's the mythical new free motorway in France

I’ve been told about a new free motorway in France

I’ve been on the
A83 which had a toll
A28 " " " "
A10 " " " "

Sombody said it was in the Le Mans area and sombody else said it was nr Limoges?

But all have said it cuts the time to the Spanish border by about 1.5 hours and none of 'em know it’s number.

There are lots of untolled bits of road in france. Perhaps more details would help. Where were you trying to go from / to? Which border? France borders Belgium, Lux, Germany, swiss, spain, italy and is the main exit port for England. And it has a lot of roads.

I belive that you may have told that certain streaches between points are free but to travel any distance in France on a motorway you will have to pay,
Yes the nationals are quite good but depending where you are heading for it is cheaper in the long run to go with the motorway,WHY less brakeing so you save wear and tear , long straight roads with no trafficlights so you can keep a constant speed of 90km, or 80km, when you have ADR/HAZ on board,also on national roads you have to drive at a lower speed,and may find diversions due to weight limits or roads blocked for certain vehicles and ADR/HAZ loads,and one very important fact you would use less fuel on the motorway
compered as going by the nationals,

The A75 from Clarmont-ferand to Beziers (about 350km) is free except for the Milau Bridge which cost me 25,50€ class 4 and 18,60€ class 3 on the way back.
Geoff

north surrey haulage:
I’ve been told about a new free motorway in France

I’ve been on the
A83 which had a toll
A28 " " " "
A10 " " " "

Sombody said it was in the Le Mans area and sombody else said it was nr Limoges?

But all have said it cuts the time to the Spanish border by about 1.5 hours and none of 'em know it’s number.

There is a brand new motorway running down from Rouen to Le Mans but it is certainly not free … I found it quite expensive in fact.

TheBear:
There is a brand new motorway running down from Rouen to Le Mans but it is certainly not free … I found it quite expensive in fact.

you been upsetting the gendarmes :question: :question: :wink: :laughing:

The A20 from Chateauroux is free down to the south of Brive, then again as you skirt Montauban. The route I would use if coming from Caen etc and heading for the Perpignan border. (It is also free back to Vierzon but that only applies if coming down from Calais, Le Havre or Dieppe).

gbtransp:
The A75 from Clarmont-ferand to Beziers (about 350km) is free except for the Milau Bridge which cost me 25,50€ class 4 and 18,60€ class 3 on the way back.
Geoff

Its worth it! I have never seen anything quite like it, an amazing piece of engineering. It saves loads of time too.
But those weekends and evenings in Millau are treasured memories (the bridge misses Millau out now), what a friendly town, great people.