Wheres the best place to stop near Reading?

Does anybody where the best place to stop for a break near Reading?
Ive been using the east bound Reading services all last week and want some where to stop that a) doesnt smell of pee and b) wont break the bank for a bite to eat and a coffee!!!
If its any help Im coming from Theale…

If you take the A4 at Theale towards Thatcham and Newbury there is a transport cafe after a couple of miles on the left, its been there years so it must be doing something right :smiley: .

Kent, Sussex, Hampshire, Wiltshire… :slight_smile:

But the cafe on the A4 is o.k.

cypry0:
If you take the A4 at Theale towards Thatcham and Newbury there is a transport cafe after a couple of miles on the left, its been there years so it must be doing something right :smiley: .

Cool, my last drop is in Theale so quick left back onto the A4 and I should find it then :sunglasses:
Its got to be better than ■■■■ stained Reading services and a hell of a lot cheaper :exclamation:

That cafe is very good, it used to be called Macks, it is on a dual carraigeway

Max Cafe. You can’t miss it, heading Westbound on the A4 from theale after the last roundabouts, once the single carriageway opens up into the dual, its after a couple of car dealerships on your left. Vintage tanker truck parked out the front.

No idea of prices, but can’t be any worse than Reading Moto, ■■■■ sight quieter too. I work on a farm across the road from the cafe, often direct drivers in there. The owner seems a nice chap.

If you want to do it on the cheap. There is a big layby suitable for trucks a few miles further along the Westbound A4, its a proper off the road type layby, so shouldnt involve getting rocked to sleep by the traffic. If you pass the Snax 24 at Woolhampton you have gone too far.

knowing you stu,

just find a petrol station and sit on the pumps for 45 mins!!!

only kidding mate

If you need to park up have a look for Morrisons at Reading. There`s a small industrial estate across the road which Stobarts seem to frequent.

WildGoose:
Max Cafe. You can’t miss it, heading Westbound on the A4 from theale after the last roundabouts, once the single carriageway opens up into the dual, its after a couple of car dealerships on your left. Vintage tanker truck parked out the front.

No idea of prices, but can’t be any worse than Reading Moto, ■■■■ sight quieter too. I work on a farm across the road from the cafe, often direct drivers in there. The owner seems a nice chap.

If you want to do it on the cheap. There is a big layby suitable for trucks a few miles further along the Westbound A4, its a proper off the road type layby, so shouldnt involve getting rocked to sleep by the traffic. If you pass the Snax 24 at Woolhampton you have gone too far.

I found it, and it isnt bad £5.00 for an all day breakfast :wink:
Not a bad place to stop :sunglasses:
If you see a Norbert Dentressangle truck stopped there its me :grimacing:

Fair play , didnt realise that place was still open.
Has it still got the big silver teapot on the roof ?
Down the road from Marley tiles iirc .

Max cafe is very good. He only charges a tenner for overnight parking as well, and you get a free meal with that. Good food and good people.

. Double post, sorry