Where's that gone?

Travelling down the snowy A9 at lunchtime today,I caught up with an artic curtainsider loaded with bark.Not a problem,impossible to overtake in the snow,so just sat behind.We were making good progress until just before Aviemore when the road started to get very icy.We slowed to 25-30mph.Just before the A95 turn-off,I noticed what appeared to be steam coming from under the back of his trailer.Next thing,his n/s rearmost trailer wheel came off :open_mouth: :open_mouth: as he was passing the entry slip onto the A9.Luckily, there was nothing on the slip road. The trailer gave a bit of a lurch,so I thought he would stop to investigate.Not a bit of it,just carried on :unamused: Because of the amount of snow on the road and the relatively low speed,the wheel didn’t travel very far at all.It just seemed to pop out,turn 90 degrees,did an end over end and came to rest at the side of the road.
I was far enough behind to avoid it without problem.When he didn’t stop,I assumed he didn’t know it had come off.I flashed my headlights to get his attention,but again he just carried on.He actually pulled away from me at this point as I was only lightly loaded and it was starting to get very rough on the ice.At one point,he got maybe a quarter of a mile ahead of me.He eventually slowed a little and I caught up again.I pulled out from behind him,flashed again,blew the horn and gesticulated like a madman :laughing: ,but still he didn’t stop :confused: .
Eventually he turned off into Kingussie,so I assume he was making for the truckstop at Newtonmore.If he didn’t know he had lost a wheel,I would have loved to have seen his face when(if :unamused: )he finally discovered it was missing.If he did know it was gone,he took a big chance driving an unstable trailer in those weather conditions.

hes going to wake up in the morning do his checks and blame the â– â– â– â– â– â–  for nicking his wheel.