Where's Mal?

Sat at home at the moment,waiting to go to work,and got thinking about some of the ‘older hands’ that are on this site,that you don’t hear from,and couldn’t help noticing that we hadn’t heard from Mal for a while.

I know he wasn’t well a while ago,so I checked his profile,and his last post was in February.

Does anyone know if he’s ok or what’s happened to him?

Ken.

I just this minute spoke to Mal (after seeing your post Quinny).

He is doing well and expecting to go for an operation soon.

After loosing his licence (automatic after a heart attack), he has decided to come off the road all together. He’s leaving all of it behind him, severing all ties (including us unfortunately) and concentrating on a complete career change.

I passed on our best wishes for a successful future etc. He asked me to thank you all for your support, comradeship and all that stuff.

Good luck to you Mal,i hope which ever career path you choose that it is all that you expect it to be.I also hope and pray that the operation goes well,and wish you and your family well in the future.Please call in now and again to say hello and to let us know how thing’s are doing with you. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I’m pleased he’s alright,and hope and pray that the operation goes well for him,but I think the choice of a change of career won’t last long though,as like everyone else,driving is in his veins.

Whatever you decide to do Mal,may I wish you all the best for the future,and like KK says,do pop in from time to time,and see your extended family. :slight_smile:

Ken.

Am glad that everything is okay.

Hey Mal, not driving isn’t (quite) the end of the world.

We’ve missed your old time wisdom and memories on here and I have missed seeing the big A on so many posts.

Give us a look in from time to time and best of wishes for the op.

Salut, David.

I think he took fright when I offered to come round and pee round his shed to make him feel “at home”! Good luck with everything in the future Mal,always enjoyed reading your posts filled with common sense and good humour.Haste ye back!

Unfortunatley, for Mal I think driving could have been the be all and end all, or that’s how it seemed anyway. I miss his posts on here and his wit and wisdom, but I totally understand why he needs to sever ties and concentrate on something new. Personally, if I couldn’t drive, comming on here and having to talk about it would [zb] me right off.

If you do happen to pop in Mal, good luck with whatever the future brings :wink:.