wheres cliff

i think i know the reason why cliff has n,t been on here much lately.
hes been to busy wrestling.
thats right our cliff is stone cold steve austin :wink:
so her indoors says anyhow.

He reciently had a vacation in FL and last year after his UK trip he put weeks into his work. I can only presume he is doing the same.

It’s part of being an owner driver :exclamation:

at a guess your right pat.
thats the funny thing about life. you have to work hard to play hard.

So…where is he…■■?

I got the moderators job taken from me, after being on vacation for two weeks, we haven’t heard from Cliff for months.

If Cliff ain’t comin back I think Pat Hasler might make a good moderator, he seems to post along with his wife a lot on here. What do you think…■■?

Stu

I actually think that’s a good idea munchman.

Cliff has enough on his plate already, what with the odd artical for T&D from his fair hand and working all the hours HOS sends…

Thanks, but no thanks :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I’m not that commited to any site to be a moderator, I may spend months posting then vanish for months. I couldn’t be bothered to delete nasty words or ban someone from site.

Anyway, at the moment I have the very bad problem that 10 minutes ago I got a call from the workshops at base to say that my truck will be off the road for up to a week and I will have to drive the oldest, nastiest Frieghtshaker on the fleet, worse then that :exclamation: :exclamation: All my stuff will be locked in my truck in the workshop and I can’t get to it early monday morning, luckily it’s a new month, so new log etc are ok, but bedding, TV, CB etc will remain in my Volvo :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Cliff is, I can assure you, very much alive and kicking!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

He stays in touch regularly by phone, and sticks his head in here a lot more often than you might realise, just to check you’re all behaving (as do the rest of us Mods and Admins) :wink: …he just doesn’t have the time to actually post. :cry:

So he’ll be staying Forum Mod for the time being…although suffice to say we are working on a deputy to help him out, as we speak…:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I would like to nominate Allikat as Cliff’s No2 as she’s now an ex-pat and she seems to be addicted to these forums :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :wink:

LMAO, I agree Big T, but she is only here temporarily, she has to go back to Blighty soon I think, we need someone who lives here…!!

I’d do it, but like I said in an earlier post, they bumped me off after going on vacation for two weeks…!!! :frowning: :frowning: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Stu

Me? Put up for moderator? :open_mouth:
How do you spell moderate again? :laughing:

Well, if the high and mighty boss says a part-time ex-pat could do it…
But I’d also prefer to see a fulltime Ex-Pat do the job.

Oh, by the way, I’m also addicted to mountain dew and $25 cartons of smokes… Any suggestions on how to feed those addictions back home gratefully recieved. :smiley:

allikat:
Oh, by the way, I’m also addicted to mountain dew and $25 cartons of smokes… Any suggestions on how to feed those addictions back home gratefully recieved. :smiley:

Get onto European Allikat. I can’t make any promises about Mountain Dew, but Euro$ 25/carton is about the going price.

allikat:
Oh, by the way, I’m also addicted to mountain dew…

You can get Mountain Dew in the UK (as well as many other US goodies) at this website! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Thankyou Lans a lot! A knight in shining armor if ever there was one. (scuse the septic spellings, been here a while now…)

22 quid for 24? It’s like under $10 here for the same… sheesh… shipping and handling mutter

allikat:
… 22 quid for 24? It’s like under $10 here for the same… sheesh… shipping and handling mutter

Eeek! :open_mouth: The price is actually higher than that - 22 quid plus 3.99 for six to seven-day delivery, or 22 quid plus 5.50 for two-day delivery. Ouch!

However, all is not lost! lol. Here is a UK site that’ll do the same 24 cans for 21 quid - inclusive of delivery! :slight_smile: They’ll even sell you 72 cans for 50 quid - if you’re feeling flush! :wink:

So, just cuz I don’t post for a while do you all seem to think I 've moved to Mars or sumfink?

Like Lucy sez, I check in here more often than you all think :open_mouth: and as many of you have correctly ascertained, I do have alot of other things going on with regards to work etc, Three trips back home to Blighty, another 2 weeker in Fla, and a week with Rikki/MATS within 18 months, means I have to keep plugging away at the 'ol 25 hrs a day 8 days a week deal. Nah! Dave, tell yer missus if I had a quid for every time I’ve heard that, I could retire and live the life of reilly! :laughing:

Just recieved December’s Truck and Driver with Mr Warby as featured on a few of the reports.That Volvo Cliff is very sweet,as well as the Ram,not too sweet is the 20’ skel you are pictured with.
If ever Down Under reciprocal trucking visits can be arranged,why can’t I enter the MATS 2005 competition?? :laughing:

I wanna enter the Truck and Driver/TruckNet comp too, I’d love to see how an American trucker really works, I’d also kinda like to go the MATS show…!!!

Stu

American truckers WORK?? :open_mouth: :astonished:

:laughing:

And yes, the volvo is very sweet. I just need a full tank of gas, and I’m off over the border to interview with a guy about getting me one of those. A brand, spanking new volvo… sweeet :smiley:

Munchman,hows about this for a deal,you furnish my airfare/accommodation and expenses and ,I can’t promise anything, but I might just be able to gets you a MATS ticket :laughing: .
How are the Snowbirds in Az treating you?