Wheres all the good paid driving jobs?

I passed my c+e test 1 year ago and since have been with a agency part time, I thought passing c+e would give me a lot more money, but i have been very dissapointed with the £8 and hour and am only sticking it out for the experience, but where are all the good paid jobs? Surely there must be companies that pay a lot more? really re-thinking if this is what i want to do when i come out of my full time job, I dont want to just make ends meet, have i made a mistake spending £1500 on c and c+e training■■?

Well you could move to get paid more and have it offset by greater expenses. I heard that driving in Iraq pays well, but do you want to be target practice? :laughing:

If you wanted above all else a well-paid job, then what on earth are you doing any sort of driving for :question: I think you’ve made a mistake if that’s what you were expecting. Perhaps you’d be better off brown-nosing one of the local parties in an attempt to become an MP. I’ve heard that job pays very well.

Out of interest, what are the bus drivers in your neck of the woods getting paid?

Surely there must be companies that pay a lot more?

:confused: A little more, maybe.

Why would passing the C+E get you a lot more money ?

This aint the game for big money no more unless you happen to get extremely lucky.

WHERES ALL THE GOOD PAID DRIVING JOBS■■?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Have you ever thought about trying stand up comedy,acocks?

:imp: i am a newbie passed class1 in august, i too am geting my experience at the agency, maybe its your agency or location? you did not say where? but my agency pays me £12 per hour.

He’s in Doncaster which probably explains a lot.

Hi all, pcv or psv for first group is approx only £7 an hour (plus the occasional fiddle!!!)i know this because i used to drive for them 6 years ago, hated it thats why i took up hgv and thought bit would be more money WRONG!!!
Surely there must be hgv jobs around doncaster paying a decent wage? any one know where though?

Well therein lies the answer - location.

I’ve done some agency for 12 yoyos ph which at an overinflated exchange rate is around £9.50ph. At a “normal” exchange rate it’d be more like £8.50ph. I wouldn’t fret too much about the hourly rate though.

Steady Eddie’s vacancies are £7.20ph to £7.50 + wotnots.

Having Googled for info, I’d say you’re doing well on £8. You might be able to 50-70p more an hour, but that would possibly be your lot.

I’ve got a D licence, but I’d rather get paid less an hour than deal with muppets all day.

macplaxton:
I’ve got a D licence, but I’d rather get paid less an hour than deal with muppets all day.

I’ll second that!

Dusty321:

macplaxton:

I’ll second that!

I would also agree :wink:

Alright, compared with other drivers wages in doncaster, the feeling i get is this is about all im going to get and all im worth!
I spent good hard earned money to fund driving lessons to try to better myself and It just stinks that immigrant warehouse workers and the likes (no disrespect intended) are on more money per hour than someone who is just trying to earn crust and has all the response of driving a c+e
Man this ■■■■■!!!

Hl There are good jobs out there, but the good jobs tend to go very quickly and by word of mouth…
I start my new job on Monday £30,000 plus nights out, no weekend work and no bank holiday work, 45 hours a week and a good pension…I’ve waited a long time for a decent job…
SMc

sorry double post :blush: :blush:

acocks:
I passed my c+e test 1 year ago and since have been with a agency part time, I thought passing c+e would give me a lot more money, but i have been very dissapointed with the £8 and hour and am only sticking it out for the experience, but where are all the good paid jobs? Surely there must be companies that pay a lot more? really re-thinking if this is what i want to do when i come out of my full time job, I dont want to just make ends meet, have i made a mistake spending £1500 on c and c+e training■■?

try the c0-op rdc’s.
over £10 a hour for class 2… class one would be maybe £11-12 i think…

Deepinvet:
sorry double post :blush: :blush:

OH NO :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: - not another one to ignore :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: