Whereabouts of drivers and companies around 1960's/1970's

Hi … I am interested in finding out any information on the following companies that I worked for during the 1960’s and 70’s, also drivers that I worked with during these times.

Cyprien Fox (Tower Hill) ~ Brian Knight, Gordon Knight, Alan Pickett, Bill Pitts, Chris Owen, Dave Bicknell,

Kestrel Freight (Canning Town) ~ Ronnie Ballard, some of the above drivers also worked with me on this company

My first haulage driving job was with W S Gentry (Custom House) … a Bedford Luton … I was 17! (1959)

I also worked for H. Davy (Walworth) M.A.T Transport (Barking) James Sumner (Rotherhithe) Evan Cooks (Peckham) SGH (Wapping) Puxley European (Isle of Dogs) Sea Road Services (Purfleet) … hopefully this message might jog people’s memories, would just like to hear from anyone. Thanks

Anyone remember these old firms in the 60s,Key Transport Kingsteighton.Eggbeers Newton Abbot.W.F.Miners
Willmots of Plymouth.D.A.J.Roberts of Haytor.Broad"s transport plymouth…my father Charlie Croad drove for them back in them days…Norman Croad,Torquay…

Silvertop, i worked for Bill Puxley in Millwall in the 60s, when ol bills son was in charge, and that geezer from rainham steel…i knew Alan Pickett too, we worked together and i used to pick him up for work…he lived in Greenwich, he worked for Howe i know, and kestrel freighters. I lived in Charlton at the time. Used to do a lot of stuff into glasgow for bill.

Hi Chris Owen was my dad. He drove for Alltransport, HTS, Essex International and Essell Shipping with Tommy Peak.

Sorry to say my dad passed away in 2002.

I am always looking out for stories and photo’s of him.

Cheers
Justin

1 Like

silvertop:
Hi … I am interested in finding out any information on the following companies that I worked for during the 1960’s and 70’s, also drivers that I worked with during these times.

Cyprien Fox (Tower Hill) ~ Brian Knight, Gordon Knight, Alan Pickett, Bill Pitts, Chris Owen, Dave Bicknell,

Kestrel Freight (Canning Town) ~ Ronnie Ballard, some of the above drivers also worked with me on this company

My first haulage driving job was with W S Gentry (Custom House) … a Bedford Luton … I was 17! (1959)

I also worked for H. Davy (Walworth) M.A.T Transport (Barking) James Sumner (Rotherhithe) Evan Cooks (Peckham) SGH (Wapping) Puxley European (Isle of Dogs) Sea Road Services (Purfleet) … hopefully this message might jog people’s memories, would just like to hear from anyone. Thanks

Have you ever heard of a firm called Globehire from Silvertown iirc

My Dad was Chris Owen, I have an old picture of Kestral Volvo F88 I think from way back ( in Yellow livery ) parked in Italy with my dad.

Hi … good to hear from you, but how sad to hear about Chris passing, and so many years ago too, he must have been quite young.
I first met Chris when we both worked at Cyprien Fox which was at Tower Bridge would have been late sixties very early seventies.
We got on very well. We also worked together on Kestrel and Sea Road Services (SRS). I believe I can remember you running about, maybe as a four year old in your home in Morden Surrey, a cul de sac if I remember correctly.
I think I may have a couple of photos with Chris in them, i will sort them out and be in touch.
Sorry again about your loss, Chris was a lovely fella.

1 Like

Hi and thanks so much for the reply. Yes he was only 61 when he died in 2002. He is really missed. Yes we did live in cul de sac in Morden. I was so proud of my dad and those trucks! Any photos would be fantastic, thanks so much.
Justin

Hi, did you find any old pictures by chance? :pray: