where?

as its a holiday in france tuesday and my boss has decided thats where im going to ship out to on sunday
and make my way down towards Avignon to tip a little place in La Thor wed
id like to know if anyone can help me out with where to park for my day off or will it have to be a motorway services?

Hi Malcolm ,try Beaune on the A6 near Dijon lovely little town really old.I
stayed there on a Sunday back in January.From memory theres an industrial
estate as you come in off the motorway on the right hand side,however be
careful as there were a lot of weight limits in the town itself.

The services at Beaune had a seperate Routier on them, just for truckers.

I think there was also am Arcotel Routier in Beaune itself. It was easy to find. Straight in towards the town from the Autoroute. The Centre Routier was sign posted to the left, only a short brisk walk from the town centre.

Be careful, some Centre Routiers may not be open on the 11th, quite a few of them don’t even open right through the week-ends now.
I know it’s not the Ritz, but there is always the BP Truckstop at Macon, just off the motorway, sorry can’t remember what exit.

wanted to get a bit further south than that i know of the total just south of lyon but was after somewhere nr. Avignon
have lots to do wed & thurs to be home again friday

Come off the A7 Valence sud,head down the N7 theres loads of routiers along there.Wouldn’t swear they’re open tuesday tho’.But you could only be a short walk from a local bar.

thank you ill give it a try be even better if there is an open free wifi conection too :laughing:

I think there was a truck stop going into Avignon on the N7 from the south, (past the Airport.) I stoped there breifly a couple of years ago when I went to the South of France on my bike.

Try THIS SITE for a list of Routiers.
For the Avignon area, put département 30 into the search box.
Whether any of them will be open on the 11th is another matter but you will be assured of a slap up feed and copious amounts of vin de table on Monday night and can sleep it off all day Tuesday :wink: :sunglasses:

If you’ve got a TomTom, you can download Centre Routiers POIs from the TomTom homepage- just plug your SatNav into your computer with a USB cable and it will all open automatically. You will have to search for the Centre Routiers POI download yourself but it’s not difficult. You can do the same for German Autohofs.

malcolmj:
thank you ill give it a try be even better if there is an open free wifi conection too :laughing:

Try the exit for Montelimar nord,at the roundabout are a few hotels,who may give free access.Theres nowt else there,but if your laptop will do for company who am I to judge?I’ll try the Formula 1 near the centre routiers at Caen tomorrow & let you know if they give free access.

DaveL:

malcolmj:

Try the exit for Montelimar nord,at the roundabout are a few hotels,who may give free access.Theres nowt else there,but if your laptop will do for company who am I to judge?I’ll try the Formula 1 near the centre routiers at Caen tomorrow & let you know if they give free access.

If when you come off there you head up the N7 to Valance there is an Ibis, Formula 1 and Courtapile resturant on the right hand side in an industrial area. Quite often a few trucks parked outside the Formula 1 hotel.

Thanks muckles for that.I’ve only had a laptop for a month or 2 so i’me a virgin.
Don’t take advantage of me. :open_mouth:

harry i have done that thanks but the german ones are a bit wrong ive had to redo them as i find the real location :slight_smile:

I dont do much french not down the south im not too bad around paris, give me germany any day :laughing:

thank chaps for the advice :bulb:

on on another subject, been thinking :bulb: from Habay how far south towards Avignon on a 10 h drive will i likley get :question:

malcolmj:
on on another subject, been thinking :bulb: from Habay how far south towards Avignon on a 10 h drive will i likley get :question:

It comes out at 785km and 9 hours 13 minutes on my TomTom with the maximum speed set to 54mph if that’s any help Malc.

Harry Monk:

malcolmj:

It comes out at 785km and 9 hours 13 minutes on my TomTom with the maximum speed set to 54mph if that’s any help Malc.

Autoroute says its 488.3 miles…(which is in fact 785km :blush: )
If you dont make it, you should be somewhere pretty close.

Sorry it’s late,but haven’t had access to Trucknet 'til now.
Formule1 hotels give wifi access within 100m radius.Not sure of Ibis & the rest.