Where would you go?

Hi,
I am after a bit of advice,I will be returning to the UK after 2yrs in New Zealand,I have bout 10yrs Hgv Experience and have done most things.I am originally from Perth,Scotland but have no roots there now.
I was wondering if you could live anywhere in the UK where would you live and who would you work for?
Cheers,I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

John

If you wanted to carry on driving and are not fussed where you are based then maybe your best bet would be the Kent coast areas.There are quite a lot of companies around there who “do Europe”, all be it in a somewhat reduced capacity.

Failing that you could try Ireland(hope you like driving ALOT) :laughing: :wink:

Good luck,

Cheers, bullitt.

Why are you moving from New Zealand to the UK ? Are you mad :open_mouth: :question: .

In terms of best money, like Bullet says, anywhere in Kent or London area would be best but you’ll pay an arm and a leg for somewhere to live. Swings and roundabouts.

Come back to scotland m8,there’s cheaper places up here to get + you’ll get a job with all them year’s experiance.And as rob said why you want to come back to the uk is beyond me.Advice STAY WHERE YOU ARE. :laughing: :laughing: welcome to trucknet

im with everyone else stay where you are other than that the midlands around crick northampton area… what the hell am i typing stay away you fool dont come to this country everyone esle cant get away quick enough.

Well, if you’re that stupi… ahem
If you are coming back, you couldn’t do much worse than the Bristol area, stacks of companies operateing out of Avonmouth/Portishead. Housing prices are pretty reasonable.

Aye well I coulda put money on everyone to say ‘Stay where you are’,I dinae ken,the grass aint that greener in the Southern Hemi-shere.

We haven’t made any concrete desions yet but there seems to be more reasons for us to head home rather than stay.The cost of living here is quite high and somethings are very backward.I reckon its like the UK 30yrs ago,none of the houses have central heating,and it defo gets cold here.

I have been looking at jobs on the net,but yir right nuff,swings and roundabouts,find a job paying decent cash,pay big time for houseing.

Christ I had my mind made up I was head’n back,noo you guys have got me think’n again.

Cheers,
John

Hi John…

You posted a reply to me in the expat forum a couple of months ago and I think you said that you were in the South Island. Have you thought of moving up to the North Island? There seems to be a lot of work in the Waikato area and the climate is a lot more temperate. I think they are only about 20 years behind the UK up there so it might seem to be a bit more up to date!!

The first thing I would be looking at is how expensive a house is!!!
You can always get a decent driving job anywhere in the UK/Ireland if you are half sensible about where you look.
My 2 pence worth would be:
If I was going to move over to “the mainland” look around the Hull area,plenty of truck driving jobs going here and I don’t think the house prices are that bad either.