Where were we loading this time?

looking at the hills and still water,
i would say at the end of a loch in scotland somewhere ■■

Yes, it’s in Scotland but not at the end of a loch or even at the beginning …

Ullapool harbour

Yeah its Ullapool alright, that is on Loch Broome

You got it, we’re doing 3 or 4 cargoes again with aggregate round to Scrabster

Sorry, will put me glasses on, should read the no. 6 not 8, never mind though worse things happen at sea :confused:
Self load an discharge WTD or Hours of Rest regulations as we have to contend with go out of the window, or might that be porthole …

raymundo:
Yes, it’s in Scotland but not at the end of a loch or even at the beginning …

loch broome ? guess its must of been in the middle!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Raymundo. You’re not on the ship, the name of which escapes me but isn’t Aasvik, but which occasionally loads slag cement from Hanson Port Talbot are you?

Hi Flip,
No not that one I’m on this one ‘Burhou I’ if I can download the picture, The Assvik is owned by the same Norwegian company that used to own my previous steed, ‘Red Duchess’ sadly now sold out of trade and waiting in Rotterdam for an idiot to buy her :laughing:

lumpy one.jpg

Thanks for the reply Raymundo.
I remember you being on The Red Duchess from forum posts some time ago. Wondered where she’d gone as she doesn’t come up on my AIS Marine anymore. Your current steed is part of “my fleet” on the same site,just something I take a peek at now & then to pass the time away you understand, I am fascinated by our coastal & short sea vessels & what they do,especially around our northern coast & islands.
The ship I was thinking of in my original post was The Sea Kestrel,have seen her loading a couple of times at Hanson Port Talbot,either for Glasgow or Teignmouth,I’m on the road tanks for them you see (Castle Cement as was).
Anyway bon voyage,who knows I may even see you in Ullapool harbour sometime,Mrs Flip & I have a cottage up there.

As from tomorrow I will no longer be on the ship, I’ve had enough of it and I am going out on a limb and putting a small van I have on the road. Money will be crap but least I will able to spend some more time at home.