Where was I??

Very significant to me this place,real shame to see it so run down :frowning:

Swindon truckstop?

An old WW2 airfield somewhere in Yorkshire, so many left derelict now. Maybe Acaster Malbis ■■?

Its quite near one of Yorkshire’s ex-airfields…

You have just turned off the A166 onto the road to Full Sutton

Lonewolf Yorks:

■■■■! How did I miss that, have been along that road so many times on the way to Brid.
Full Sutton prison down that lane too, and the old airfield. I went for Acaster as that’s where I had my first driving lesson when I was 10!

Was that building once a coach company??

Lonewolf Yorks:

I am interested in that one because it is quite a unique building, not a normal Nissen hut or fuel store

Wheel Nut:
I am interested in that one because it is quite a unique building, not a normal Nissen hut or fuel store

That might not have been a military building, the airfield is further South near the prison.
I’m sure that used to be a garage/petrol station many years ago, was the last place to stop before the climb up Garrowby Hill.

Martin:

Wheel Nut:

That might not have been a military building, the airfield is further South near the prison.
I’m sure that used to be a garage/petrol station many years ago, was the last place to stop before the climb up Garrowby Hill.

it does remind me of a garage, but wondered if the roof had come from the military

Lawns coaches ran out of there,my dad was a mechanic for them and I had a second part time job at night washing and refuelling the coaches and buses to save for my class2,at its height sylvia and nigel her son was running 6 coaches and about 12 of the little day tripper buses,Last I heard shhe had sold the land and somebody bought it to build houses on but every time anyone applies the application gets declined for one reason or another,I was also doing some concreting work there when the twin towers were struck by the planes,weird how some fings u don’t forget,the place was prone to vandals and thieves but dennis the rotweiller guard dog did his job well for some time. Lol