Where was I - Solved:Ian58

OK you can all get mine now…where was I. I reckon most of you will have driven past this building.

guessing think it could be old a1 scotch corner?

Sorry but its not

Looks like clues needed already. Ok the building you can see gave its name to a really well known transport caff.

Looks a bit like londonderry.

Looks a bit like londonderry.

I can see where you’re coming from but its not

Complete and utter stab in the dark, assuming it is the A1 could it be Brampton hut hotel ?

Kates Cabin :question: :question:

Care to elaborate Andrew?? Are you saying thats Kates Cabin?

Stibbington?

Shack Cafe on southbound side of the A1 near Newark

Complete and utter stab in the dark, assuming it is the A1 could it be Brampton hut hotel ?

Stibbington?

Shack Cafe on southbound side of the A1 near Newark

Nope sorry guys

Next clue: If you took a picture in the same place today there would be a bridge in it.

Just after the army camp at Catterick

What road?

Looking north up the A1, the two chimneys are the farm on the side and the army camp is over to the right of the picture!

I think you mean RAF Catterick, the army camp is a couple of miles off to the left but sorry you’re miles out anyway.

Clue: The building in the picture is the same today although a different colour.

I think Andrewv8 was almost there but about 400yds short!

Just past Kate’s Cabin :wink:

Absolutely bang on!

Actually the building in the picture is the original Kate’s Cabin. I found this out when checking some old ordnance survey maps. Before the road and junction were upgraded the building stood right on the crossroads

I’ll go 50/50 with Andrewv8 :smiley:

Some good maps here

sabre-roads.org.uk/maps/

I know, I’ve been a Sabristo since 2005 :smiley: