where was i ? solved by Quinny

Rainton services/Leeming Bar A1 roadworks

(Or to be more precise,in the services at the side of the road.)

Ken.

Quinny:
Rainton services/Leeming Bar A1 roadworks

(Or to be more precise,in the services at the side of the road.)

Ken.

100% spot on ken. :laughing: :laughing:

The sign says Rainton, (Via the 7.5t limit.) and the brown sign points to Lightwater Valley.

I should know as I was in there this morning,and called in for my daily paper. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Errr since when has there been a bridge over the A1 just up from Rainton services■■?

Bing doesn’t show it.

Hmmm but OS does. Must be a very recent addition.

Just checked Google Earth and your right Lonewolf the A684 is shown as going under the A1 how old is Google Earth I wonder :open_mouth:

That bridge has been there for about 2 years now,and the funny thing is,they have closed of the access on the right of the picture,while they upgrade the A1.

Typical waste of taxpayers cash.

Ken.

Colin in Sweden:
Just checked Google Earth and your right Lonewolf the A684 is shown as going under the A1 how old is Google Earth I wonder :open_mouth:

the A684 still goes under the A1.

eh :astonished:

Thats not the A684 Colin lol its a local lane.

Its funny how you miss out a stretch of road regularly. Living where I do, if I’m going south I use the A169 and A64 and join the A1 at Bramham and if I’m going north I drop down Sutton Bank cut through Thirsk and join it at Ainderby Quernhow (junction closed at the mo!).

That means that although I’m extremely familiar with the A1, theres a stretch between about Wetherby and the A61 split I almost never use LOL.