Where was I......now solved

Could it be Toxteth(Liverpool) on a saturday moring after friday night!! sorry only joking .
reagards derek

trucking482002:
Could it be Toxteth(Liverpool) on a saturday moring after friday night!! sorry only joking .
reagards derek

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Could be but nope :wink:

Kosovo - Serbia ?

Digi pics from a digi camera can be downloaded into your PC (My Pics) and then posted on here - the cameras usually come with a disc to insert into your PC to set things up :smiley:

trucking482002:
reagards derek

More like Widnes…isnt that the Co-op on the left?

Betz:
Kosovo - Serbia ?

Close ben…your getting warmer!! :wink:

bullitt:

Betz:
Kosovo - Serbia ?

Close ben…your getting warmer!! :wink:

Montenegro?

Nearly!!

Albania :confused:

Further north…then over a bit!! :laughing: :wink:

That is deffo Penhill, Martins newsagents on the left … . Dears leap 50mtrs past the tank :laughing: :laughing:

Bosnia (if not I give up :smiley: )

Bosnia , Mostar and looking at the picture you are really in ■■■ Street. :unamused:

Well done MRPJ and Mushroom man…right country but sorry steve not Mostar, had to go past Mostar to get here though (that was fun sometimes!!).

A little clue, it wasnt so much a road or a street, more of an “alley”!!! :wink: :wink:

Sniper Alley, Sarajevo?

Sniper Alley was my first guess but it looks nothing like Sarajevo although I only went there a couple of times, I seem to remember that the hills were a lot steeper and there were lots of high rise blocks of flats.
To me it looks more like Banja Luka were we used to load furniture for West Bromwich.
Rick, did they have a Pig Alley in Banja Luka. :unamused: :smiley: :laughing:

Davec737, correct mate, its is indeed Sniper Alley.

The picture shows the road, driving from Sarajevo airport towards the city, the city itself lays ahead and over to the right. the no-mans land that lies either side was a favourite hangout for snipers, hence the name.

No body went up or down that road except UN vehicles or soft skinned aid convoy vehicles and it was the main supply route into the city. Another route came in from Pale but that was Serb dominated.

The suburb of Dobrinja is just behind and to the right, the damage to that place was amazing!!..I have some pics of the city but not alot due to the fact that the Serbs would search the cabs and confiscate any cameras!! Managed to smuggle a video in a few times, hidden behind the dashboard and got some video shots but they are a bit shakey!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Steve, your right about the high rise blocks, they lay out of picture shot over to the right. they were a natural target for the tanks up in the hills and amazingly people still lived in them throughout the war :open_mouth:

We were tipping in the city bakery one day, the Velepekara bakery, which still managed to supply a basic amount of bread. Around the back we could hear some rifle shots and were told that a sniper was trying to shot people attempting to cross a road junction. After tipping my load of flour, I pulled around the back and staying in cover me and a couple of others made our way over to the perimeter fence. Gingerly we stuck our heads up over the edge and down and across to the left we saw a crowd of people hiding round the side of a building. Every now and then a person would make a break for it and run across the gap to cross the road, the sniper would then crack off a shot and try to kill them!!!
It was so surreal, watching someone trying to shot another person, hunting them!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Baja Luka Steve…well im not sure about a “Pig Alley”, but there were a few pigs!!!..having said that, I think the majority of the women regardless of their ethnicity were “■■■■ fit”. You even got used to the facial hair and lack of teeth after a while!!! :laughing: :laughing:

When I (ever!!) get a scanner i will tyr and put some pics up.

This is what was left of the TV / news building just off Sniper Alley, on the main dual carriage way into the city. The tower part is in fact the central stair case and lift shafts, with all the floors both sides collapsed down!!

On the main picture above it can just be seen over the right in the distance.

bullitt:

Ok, thanks to Rog and his instruction I think i have sussed it!!

:open_mouth: Blimey, I didn’t realise that ROG gave tank driving lessons too. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Mind you, I guess that pic was taken before you’d quite mastered the 3-point turn. :wink: :grimacing: