Where was dieseldave? [Won by biggusdickusgb and bullitt]

This pic sees me stopped and having to change a wheel on the trailer.
From the clues on the road sign pointed out by my (then) young son, where was I??
For a bonus mark, what make of truck was I driving??

Have you just been through Klaganfurt and your on your way home in a Merc ?

mushroomman:
Have you just been through Klaganfurt and your on your way home in a Merc ?

Sorry, but wrong on both counts I’m afraid mushroomman.
I thought somebody would go for a Merc, because I’m known for having driven them.:grimacing:

an f88■■?

dreva:
an f88■■?

Sorry dreva 'fraid not.

Im guessing a DAF 2800…not a clue about the location though apart from heading east going through Austria.

bullitt:
Im guessing a DAF 2800

:open_mouth: Absolutely spot-on with the make and model of the truck bullitt :open_mouth:
How did you do that :question:

bullitt:
…not a clue about the location though!!

:open_mouth: Now you’ve completely ghasted my flabbers, I thought the location would be a doddle for a well-travelled gent such as yourself, I asked for the truck make/model to make it a bit more interesting.

This might run for a while then…:grimacing:
Here’s another clue: I took the pic in approx 1987. (Maybe the signage has changed. :confused: )

It was an educated guess Dave :wink:

I had one for a while, great truck…what gave it away was the quarter light, the height of the bottom of the door from the ground and the amount of door cutout to allow for the wheel arch!!

Isnt it strange what sticks in your head sometimes!! :laughing:

Just seen this and I was gonna say the same DAF 2800. The door gives it away. :laughing:

bullitt:
Im guessing a DAF 2800…not a clue about the location though apart from heading east going through Austria.

Ahhh, I see that you edited this bullitt :wink:
You’re spot-on about the country and the direction of travel too… :smiley:

bullitt:
It was an educated guess Dave :wink:

Isnt it strange what sticks in your head sometimes!! :laughing:

Yes bullitt, I’ll admit that my head works in strange ways too :laughing:
What’s got me beat is how you knew the difference and didn’t say DAF 3300 :question:
:grimacing: I doff my hat in your direction Sir :smiley:

i knew the make of truck and i think you’re near vienna

DAFMAD:
Just seen this and I was gonna say the same DAF 2800. The door gives it away. :laughing:

Hi DAFMAD You’re absolutely spot-on mate.:grimacing:
:open_mouth: I’m really amazed that you and bullitt both knew it was a 2800, as opposed to a 3300, so fair play to you mate, you’ve got me beat, but how did you know that :question:

dieseldave:

DAFMAD:

Hi DAFMAD You’re absolutely spot-on mate.:grimacing:
:open_mouth: I’m really amazed that you and bullitt both knew it was a 2800, as opposed to a 3300, so fair play to you mate, you’ve got me beat, but how did you know that :question:

I knew it was the DAF of the 2800 era, and I guessed that it was the earlier 2800 version. I can’t say that I knew or could tell whether it was a 2800 3300 or 3600 though.

dieseldave:

Ahhh, I see that you edited this bullitt :wink:

Hi dave, yes, I did the edit at the same time as you were posting…when I put it up you had already posted!!

And its like Dafmad says, the shape of the door gives it away… :blush:

Why do I suddenly feel like im a bit of an anorak!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing:

biggusdickusgb:
i knew the make of truck and i think you’re near vienna

Hi biggus Correct answer, you’re spot-on mate :grimacing:

DAFMAD:
I knew it was the DAF of the 2800 era, and I guessed that it was the earlier 2800 version. I can’t say that I knew or could tell whether it was a 2800 3300 or 3600 though.

Now there’s a thing DAFMAD, I’ll own up to having clean forgotten about the 3600 model, although now you mention it… :blush: