Where was dieseldave? [Solved by jayseabea]

I haven’t posted in this forum for a while, so c’mon guys, where do we think these nice little bridges are??

Clues:

1. It’s not in the UK.
  2. That white fluffy stuff in the centre of the pic is clouds. :open_mouth:
    Helpful eh :wink:
    [/b]

dieseldave:
I haven’t posted in this forum for a while, so c’mon guys, where do we think these nice little bridges are??

Clues:

1. It’s not in the UK.

Hanger lane gyratory system. ■■ :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Look like Norfolk to me. :wink:

italy, just north of genoa

Trubrit:
Hanger lane gyratory system. ■■ :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yea Trubrit, it’s a bit like that. You just go around and around the loop with no way to get off. Wrong country though… :frowning:

Rob K:
Look like Norfolk to me. :wink:

Another fair attempt Rob, after all you’re only about an inch out according to my pocket map of the world :wink:
but like Truebrit, wrong country… :frowning:

biggusdickusgb:
italy, just north of genoa

Hi biggus, I know exactly where you mean, but 'fraid not mate.
Wrong country… :frowning:

dieseldave:

Clues:

1. It’s not in the UK.

Holland?, no just a minute Huddersfield town center. The low cloud was too big a clue, or is it Yugoslavia :smiley:

mushroomman:
Holland?, no just a minute Huddersfield town center. The low cloud was too big a clue, or is it Yugoslavia :smiley:

That a good one mushroomman, I got snowed in in the Dutch Alps once. :laughing: Nope.
Huddersfield…Nope
Yugoslavia, now I can see that you’re more serious this time. :wink: :laughing:
'Fraid not, but that’s a good attempt though…

No more clues, not just yet :laughing:

dieseldave:
I got snowed in in the Dutch Alps once

There’s a old song by a bunch of reprobate cloggies called The Nits: “In the Dutch Mountains” Classic :exclamation:

Sorry, haven’t a clue, Dave, but I’m guessing somewhere in der Schweiz :question: :question:

The Simplon?

Coffeeholic:
The Simplon?

Both you and Inselaffe have the correct country, but it’s not the Simplon :smiley:

Inselaffe:
There’s a old song by a bunch of reprobate cloggies called The Nits: “In the Dutch Mountains” Classic :exclamation:

Sorry, haven’t a clue, Dave, but I’m guessing somewhere in der Schweiz :question: :question:

Yes, it is indeed in der Schweiz.
I’d not heard of The Nits, but they’re quite good.
TBF, there’s not been that many mainstream Dutch groups, KLF possibly??

dieseldave:
TBF, there’s not been that many mainstream Dutch groups, KLF possibly??

KLF were Brits, Dave :sunglasses:

Inselaffe:
KLF were Brits, Dave :sunglasses:

Pech :blush: :blush: :blush:

This very shot has just been on Top Gear…the St Bernadino, Italy to Swiss, and vice versa, of course…

jayseabea:
This very shot has just been on Top Gear…the St Bernadino, Italy to Swiss, and vice versa, of course…

Top man jayseabea, spot-on mate. :smiley:

I don’t watch Top Gear though, so I wouldn’t have known that. :sunglasses:

The lads were taking a Porsche, Aston Martin and a Lambo to the Alps to find the perfect driving road. They were very impressed with the St. Bernadino but when they got to the Stelvio, that was the Holy Grail.
It’s amazing the way the brain can take in an image and bring it back to memory from such a such a quick view of it…approx2 seconds or less,and only about 2/3 rds the size of the original picture.

jayseabea:
It’s amazing the way the brain can take in an image and bring it back to memory from such a such a quick view of it…approx2 seconds or less,and only about 2/3 rds the size of the original picture.

Yes mate, I’d noticed that too. Quite amazing.

It’s nice to know that you have an eye for a picture when the professionals use the same shot to illustrate the same place…:slight_smile: