Where was dieseldave (Mk VII) [Solved by Martin]

:stuck_out_tongue: I hope I haven’t left any clues for Mr Wolf… :open_mouth:

The name of the town will do just fine, but if your name is Mr Wolf, I’ll need the fleet number as welll!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

liverpool, isn´t there a u-boat near the entrance to the irish ferry_

welshboyinspain:
liverpool, isn´t there a u-boat near the entrance to the irish ferry_

Sorry WBIS, it’s not Liverpool. :frowning:

You’re nearly right about the U-boat though, but they’ve since cut it up and moved it elsewhere in pieces. :wink:

HMS Belfast, London?

Birkenhead, looks like the U-534 at the Woodside Ferry Terminal.

Hmm well its a Type IX alright, and as far as I am aware the U534 is the only one in existence. I remember when the Norwegians raised it. Thing is I thought it was in Liverpool as well.

Martin:

thats where i meant but martin knew the name of the terminal :smiley: :smiley:

Isn’t that Liverpool then?

stevie.d:
HMS Belfast, London?

Hi stevie.d, Sorry mate, it’s not London. :frowning:

Martin:

Hi Martin, The town and fleet number are both correct and you beat Mr Wolf too!!

Congratulations. :smiley:

Lonewolf Yorks:

No, sorry mate but, Birkenhead and Liverpool are two completely separate places, they have different postcodes and are in different counties.

Birkenhead has postcodes beginning with “CH” and Liverpool has postcodes beginning with “L.”

dieseldave:

Lonewolf Yorks:

No, sorry mate but, Birkenhead and Liverpool are two completely separate places, they have different postcodes and are in different counties.

Birkenhead has postcodes beginning with “CH” and Liverpool has postcodes beginning with “L.”

but it is on the way into the ferry that goes to belfast or dublin :confused:

welshboyinspain:

dieseldave:

Lonewolf Yorks:

but it is on the way into the ferry that goes to belfast or dublin :confused:

Hi WBIS, That used to be true mate, but since then, they’ve cut it up, moved it and painted it.

I’m guessing that this is the way you remember seeing the U534:
(On the A5139 Dock Road, just before you got to Duke St bridge on your right.)
http://www.secondworldwar.org.uk/uboat534-2.html

If you recall passing the U-boat on the way to the Ferry, you’ll remember that the U-boat was completely covered in rust and was in one whole piece as in the pics in the link above.
The present location of the U-boat is right at the entrance to the Birkenhead-Liverpool foot passenger ferry on the Birkenhead side of the river (Woodside.)
The U534 now looks something very like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Zz212007uboat3.jpg

When I found out that they’d cut it up, I was just as shocked as you. :open_mouth: