Where to work ???

Hi all i am currently driving artics full time around the uk , i love the job but we dont do european ,and thats what i really want to do while i got the oppurtunity , I have no wife , kids or anything like that . What would be the best company to approach for work , i dont mind where in the uk and i will gladly do 3 -4 -5 weeks away at a time not a problem , are there companies that still spend that much time away ■■? thanks hope to hear bk soon …

hi,g&s 6 weeks based scotland,erfl 3 weeks,hull,davies southampton 3 weeks,hope this helps :smiley:

have you tried any of the irish, i used to work for neol zwecker doing 6 weeks away ,
as for the uk g&s are in hams hall,pulleyns (4 weeks) or plm (as long as you want)
in reading.have you tried any of the entertainment boys est, fly by night.
i loved it so good luck

Thanks for the replies , i am a bit dubious about the irish or are most of the stereotypes gone now ? I will take a look at websites and companies mentioned , thanks alot . rich .

s2rich:
Thanks for the replies , i am a bit dubious about the irish or are most of the stereotypes gone now ? I will take a look at websites and companies mentioned , thanks alot . rich .

In the main, most of the stereotypes are in the past now. There are still a few ‘old school’ companies around I expect, but I pass as many Irish registered wagons as pass me these days. Not long ago it was quite a remarkable event if you passed one :smiley:

Have you tried S+K Haulage .
Apparentley not the best paid drivers in the world but they still do a fair bit over the water.

Suedehead:
Apparentley not the best paid drivers in the world but they still do a fair bit over the water.

Skint and Knackered!! most of them just do barry to belgium 2 or 3 trips a week the longer distance blokes like barcelona or italy are either longtimers or flipflop and sock wearers.

if you’re single then why not try a dutch firm? pay and equipment pretty good as long as you get a good firm, somebody on here might know some good ones.
unfortunately most companies can get drivers who’ll work away for months at a time for little pay in comparison to what you could earn on say a supermarket trunker as most of europe now employ our european brothers from the east who have a lower national average wage and therefore are willing to accept less than maybe a brit could

Alot of dutch firms you have to go through a british agency and have heard alot of bad stories about nedexco and such like . Thats the problem i am finding alot of the eastern european drivers are working for peanuts . Im not looking to get rich but i am in a decent paid job at the momnt and dont want to go backwards . If anyone does know of decent companies feel free to pm me thanks . rich .

welshboyinspain:

Suedehead:

Skint and Knackered!! most of them just do barry to belgium 2 or 3 trips a week the longer distance blokes like barcelona or italy are either longtimers or flipflop and sock wearers.

if you’re single then why not try a dutch firm? pay and equipment pretty good as long as you get a good firm, somebody on here might know some good ones.
unfortunately most companies can get drivers who’ll work away for months at a time for little pay in comparison to what you could earn on say a supermarket trunker as most of europe now employ our european brothers from the east who have a lower national average wage and therefore are willing to accept less than maybe a brit could

Wouldnt mind going back to doing 2/3 trips to Belguim per week - Happy days :sunglasses:

If you’re still looking in a couple of months time, you could try Edwin Shirley, or StageTruck or somesuch, who will be taking on seasonal drivers for rock 'n roll tour work.