Where To Park near Livingstone?scotland

Where To Park near Livingstone??scotland

Im after somewhere close or close-ish to Livingstone heading up there sunday

is there anyware on the M8 iv got a iceland job - not been there before all info
would be welcome

there are some services on M8, but there is not too much places to park lorry…

But you can try somewhere on industrial estates in livingston west - there are snack vans and should be easy to ask some security guys for toilet in some factory - and this industrial estates are very wide-spreaded, so you shall find some quiet places. But there all looks the same - trees, bushes and roundabouts - it’s easy to get lost there.

Or you can try near to Livingstone junction - there is BP station and some restaurants as well…

There isn’t much around there, that I know of.

There used to be a truckstop at Harthill.
Come off at J5, follow the slip road over the motorway to the T junc’ with the A8. Turn left and its almost a mile down there on your left. It was called The Burnside.

There is Harthill Services about a mile past J5.
There is a small service area at J3, which is the junction for Livingston. No idea what facilities they have though.

If you go to the FAQ forum, look in the Supermarkets & Food thread, then click on Iceland then Livingston, you’ll find a map with an orange arrow pointing to where the Iceland RDC is.
On the same map, right beside the motorway junc’ it’s marked Motel. Thats where the services are.

Put this link into your favourites. Its to the Transport Cafes Truck Stops Lorry Parks site.

Simon:
Come off at J5, follow the slip road over the motorway to the T junc’ with the A8. Turn left and its almost a mile down there on your left. It was called The Burnside.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that one. There are still singns for that place, but I never were there… But I think I seen lorries parked next to small cafe - if that’s that place.

orys:

Simon:

Oh, yeah, I forgot that one. There are still singns for that place, but I never were there… But I think I seen lorries parked next to small cafe - if that’s that place.

It seems likely orys.
Theres a huge advertising sign which has 3 different adverts on it at one time, on a post at the edge of the lorry park.
It sounds like its still open after all then.
Showers, decent enough food and beer.
I don’t know if it’s open on a Sunday though :blush: , sorry.
(It’s a bit to close to home for me.)

Just watch the harthill services have been re-named now , "heart of Scotland " services ! :question:

There should be plenty of parking at either the old tesco on even the new tesco , the est is generaly quiet , but obviously no facilites etc , just come of at Jct 3A ,

I think you will find that the Burnside is closed down now. Not 100% sure but something tells me I heard it was.
Harthill Services has plenty of parking. It has the usual BP facilities - Wild Bean Cafe, well stocked shop, toilets and is open 24/7. It is only about 10 minutes from Livingston.
Hope this helps :smiley:

Thanks lads Harthill looks good motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/services/heart/
I’ll let you know how I got on my be with some pic’s

the burnside is shut but trucks do still park there.harthill towards glasgow is ok as it has proper bays but towards edingburgh its a free for all :unamused:

jon