Where to park in London, close to the city centre?

A good spot where to park is near Vauxhall.

Just along Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens.

Very quiet during the week. Free parking in the evening and no restrictions.

Avoid weekend as it is full of clubs and it gets really busy with cars.

There is a pub called the Black Dog good for a pint before going to sleep. Also good breakfast served there. There is also the Theatre Cafe, an old whorehouse converted into a coffee place.

It is within the Congestion Charge but just 2 minutes away from Westminster.

I have attached a map.

new covent garden the market itself just google a market stall and wright a delivery note go up to barrier pay youre £5 to enter plenty of parking and can walk thro to sainsbury’s there are toilets and loads of cafes too for the morning
same at new spitalfields fruit mkt only its free in there

Smithfield meat Market. Bottom end near the old poultry warehouse there are a few parking bays marked out. Free & close to city. Lots of cafes & bars. It’s supposed to be for trucks delivering into the Market only & traffic wardens do check. But all you need is a delivery note with a name on it. Sure u can sort that.

i wentto the hyde park coach park and tried there the other week said it was ok for truckers to park there.but the night i got there the place was full.only thing it is £25 to park over night but u have to be early to get a spot and be able to park it in a good spot to get out.ended up on ascot road up willisden way next to a makro store and bus depot.not to bad not that noisy

Sometimes I have very tricky runs - go to London city centre and back to Glasgow, like last week.

To do that, I often need to use maximum of my driving time, so I want to park as close to the city as possible.

Last friday/saturday night I found that place: Google Maps Link, Ponton Rd

but I am affraid that it’s not a good idea, as it was only small street and if there would be more cars parked, i couldn’t park there. Also, there is no parking for over 5 tons as far as I know, but as there was couple of DHL lorries parked there I took my try.

It was good to sleep, if you like blues brothers - trains was passing me every few seconds :wink:

So do you know some places, and preferably where is legal to park (can be paid, company returns me everything).

(Edited to shorten that hu.u.uge long link. Simon)

Hi orys, dont really know of anywhere in central london but you might want to try western road, nw10. Its on the other side of the A406 to that motor bike cafe (ace cafe) that you mentioned in another post. Its a service road that surounds a 24hr asda store and a police vehicle compound in the road as well so pretty safe. Not to sure of any food places near but like anywhere in london prob best not to wander around to far and as i said the asda is 24hrs.
I often see 2 or 3 of the fly by nite and stardes trucks parked there on way out or in to wembley i assume. Hope this helps mate.

I note that the Google map is innacurate. It shows both Stuarts Rd & Thessaly Rd (coming south off 9 elms) as crossing OVER the railtrack. Infact they both go UNDER low bridges.

7368lee:
Hi orys, dont really know of anywhere in central london but you might want to try western road, nw10. Its on the other side of the A406 to that motor bike cafe (ace cafe) that you mentioned in another post. Its a service road that surounds a 24hr asda store and a police vehicle compound in the road as well so pretty safe. Not to sure of any food places near but like anywhere in london prob best not to wander around to far and as i said the asda is 24hrs.
I often see 2 or 3 of the fly by nite and stardes trucks parked there on way out or in to wembley i assume. Hope this helps mate.

HI.

I parked up on this industrial estate near there (as other lorries do), but it’s still too far from centre - in morning rush hour it can take even a two hours to go to Percival street for example :frowning:

There used to be one on tooley st just south of tower bridge but i think that area has long been developed.Some one on here may know its a good 15yrs since ive been,ive been retired 7yrs.

I did hear theres one on the a13 near were the north circular rd crosses heading towards woolwich ferry.

orys:
Sometimes I have very tricky runs - go to London city centre and back to Glasgow, like last week.

To do that, I often need to use maximum of my driving time, so I want to park as close to the city as possible.

Last friday/saturday night I found that place: Google Maps Link, Ponton Rd

but I am affraid that it’s not a good idea, as it was only small street and if there would be more cars parked, i couldn’t park there. Also, there is no parking for over 5 tons as far as I know, but as there was couple of DHL lorries parked there I took my try.

It was good to sleep, if you like blues brothers - trains was passing me every few seconds :wink:

So do you know some places, and preferably where is legal to park (can be paid, company returns me everything).

Step Property Ltd

The Lorry Park, Ariel Way, Shepherd’s Bush, London, W12 7SQ
Tel: 020 8749 3496 passed this one the other day. right opposite B.B.C Television centre just off the A40 westway,off wood lane.

I have a few secret places in London which if I tell you I would have to kill you all :wink:

I have also caused 2 bomb scares :laughing: Once while parked outside Somerset House on the Embankment. I went off to get something to eat and came back 2 hours later to find the truck surrounded with bomb disposal vehicles. They actually laughed and asked me where I would have slept if they had detonated it :blush:

The second one was while parked near an Hotel in Buckingham Gate waiting to clear out a new car launch, there were 6 transporters parked nearby and we had 10 minutes each to get them loaded. The bloke from Aston Martin brought me one of my cars and then lost the keys. A jobsworth traffic warden stuck a ticket on the truck and then called the bomb squad :confused: Even the bomb disposal team were reluctant to blow the doors off a brand new Vantage :smiley:

scotty1972:
Step Property Ltd

Tel: 020 8749 3496 passed this one the other day. right opposite B.B.C Television centre just off the A40 westway,off wood lane.

that must be here somewhere then:

Google Maps Link, Areil Way

Driveroneuk:

scotty1972:
Step Property Ltd

Yeah if your heading into london come off for the A3220 ,go all the way around the roundabout and back down the slip road turn left , the lorry park is actually on your left before you get to ariel way .

O, that’s good one, thanks, I’ll write it down for me. :slight_smile:

scotty1972:

Driveroneuk:

scotty1972:
Step Property Ltd

(Edited to shorten that hu.u.uge long link and the screwed up quotes. Simon)

Yeah if your heading into london come off for the A3220 ,go all the way around the roundabout and back down the slip road turn left , the lorry park is actually on your left before you get to ariel way .

Blimey mate is that the one that used to have the old railway carridge as a cafe,that burned down and was replaced by a cafe in the late 70s.

Don’t remember exactly but when I was on a coach job a few years back there was a coack/lorry park right under a big tesco’s. I think it was the A4

used to park on a small industrial estate off old oak common road, roads were telford way brunel way only able to get to it off the A40 as there is a low bridge on it coming from the north free parking but as doing euro work now don’t need it.

Wheel Nut:
I have a few secret places in London which if I tell you I would have to kill you all :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

me too malc.

its not cheap, but new covent garden has parking with security, but its £32 fo 24 hours!!