Where to look for Bedford Blitz parts?

Hi.

My friend is running a garage in Poland and as a form of advertisement, he’s restoring a kind of youngtimer: Bedford Blitz car transporter. He has a wee bump last winter with his own neighbour, who entered a road from his yard without checking the road properly and he can’t find anywhere a bumper corner to his van now, so he asked me if it’s possible to look for that in Britain, as Bedfords were much more popular in UK than in Poland (for obvious reasons). I tried to google here and there, I asked at my local scrap yard, but it seems that it won’t be so easy, so I would need some advice - maybe one of you guys, fans of old time lorries, will know some people or phone numbers where I can turn for help?

Here you can see what part is needed.

This is Bedford Blitz CF350 from early 80’s (don’t be scared with it’s look, there is still plenty work to do):

All help or advice will be well appreciated :slight_smile:

Orys, I thought that a Blitz was a Bedford TM for the German market.Honestly-no wind up intended.I believe you’re from Wroclaw,so maybe your friend is too?. This is going back a bit now,but there was a big scrap yard on the left(coming out of PL) a couple of hours from Frankfurt-an- Oder Fairly close to that big open cast mine IIRC.Germany may be a good place to start?

This few I seen in Poland has always Opel badge and Bedford sign, I thought that “blitz” was some kind of “top version” of Bedford…

Anyway thanks for an advice but my friend has some contacts and Germany and they did not found him any parts (in fact, they had but other end that he needs), that’s why I am asking here. But I will also let him know about this scrap yard in germany.

Try the classic commercial magazines.
There’s private/classified adverts in them for all sorts of stuff and usually a whole page advertisement for a company that solely sells Bedford parts and spares.

Thanks! I am on my way to Borders then :slight_smile:

Hi Oris, there is a company in yorkshire called Adrian Bailey Classics. bedford-cf.co.uk where you will find a large following of beddie fans. regards Jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

Thanks a lot!

browncow2:
Orys, I thought that a Blitz was a Bedford TM for the German market.Honestly-no wind up intended.I believe you’re from Wroclaw,so maybe your friend is too?. This is going back a bit now,but there was a big scrap yard on the left(coming out of PL) a couple of hours from Frankfurt-an- Oder Fairly close to that big open cast mine IIRC.Germany may be a good place to start?

Sorry,Orys.Had a bit of a ‘dinner in the dog’ situation last night,so the head went.Wrong border crossing :blush: .It’s actually the next one down,Forst. Mind you,the scrapyard is probably a Tesco by now.You’ve had some good tips from others though,so good luck.

hi all
That bumper looks standard cf part & yes the TM was called a Blitz on the continent

In 1938 there was an Opel “Blitz” coach chassis produced by that company and designated the “8W”. Clifton Greys at Bristol purchased 18 of these in total and they found their way into the Wessex Coaches fleet in 1948. If I could only post pictures on here I could show several examples.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Blitz

but, what’s interesting: Polish Wikipedia gives different result:
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Blitz

unless this one on the english wiki is simply the face-lifted version :smiley:

Hi Orys, This year is the 40th aniversary of the first bedford cf coming off the production line at Luton. it was sold in europe under the opel blitz name. The cf1 was fitted with the slant petrol engine in various power ranges from 1600 to 2279cc and the diesel was the perkins 2 litre and later the opel 2.3 litre. in the early eighties they gave it a facelift and in eighty four they called it the cf2 and fitted the 2 litre opel petrol engine like what was fitted to the opel record but with a low compression head and the opel 2.3 litre diesel like the omega. the largest model was the 350 which equates to 3.5 tons gvw. They stopped producing the bedford Cf2 in 1987 when they were strong competition to the ford transit. so much for general motors global ■■■■■■■■■■ programe.
regards Jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

Yeah. This particular one is not fully original, as it has an engine transplanted from Scorpio - that’s why this stupid 2.5 D badge :stuck_out_tongue: