Where to get work in Scotland?. Would ADR help?

Hi folks, New to the forums. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me regarding finding work?.

I am 31 and have my class C which I passed in 2008. I then went on to do my class CE in 2009. I paid for it myself from savings and took 3 day courses.

Since passing my test I really have not had much experience. I have been driving class 2 curtain siders, box lorries and a few bin motors. Not had much in the way of any class 1 at all. i have uncoupled and coupled a tractor unit a few times.

Thing is driving comes pretty natural to me and it is something that I really enjoy doing. I have been an Assistant manager, chef among other things but wanted a career change and thought seen as I have always enjoyed driving and wanted to be able to drive trucks I would give it a go.

At the time 2008 there was several jobs going and wages were pretty good. I thought well for £700 and 3 days I could be earning decent money. However this was not the case at all.

Now having worked in various places what I found is they will always pick the older so called more experienced drivers over newer drivers. However from my experience there is false confidence in older experienced drivers as these are the ones that obtain rights rather than learn them. Fair enough you have more time behind the wheel but that does not mean automatically that they are better drivers. For example where I worked before driving bin motors the older guys were coming back everyday with mirrors missing, putting trucks in the ditch when it was snowing, reversing into buildings, motor in the workshop. The time I worked there I never once had an incident.

There are good drivers with experience but there are also those that think they are good and are not. Same goes for newbies where they think they are good but are not and those that are good and sensible.

I live in Perth & Kinross in Scotland and I am finding it very hard to find any sort of work. There is the odd thing but mostly agency stuff. Another thing I noticed is wages are usually £7 or £8 an hour?. I used to get more than that filling shelves in my local supermarket. I sure as hell would not like to be responsible for 44 tons for £7.

I was hoping that soemone would know what companies offer good salaries and employment packages?. I was also thinking about going for ADR training to broaden my chances as I am due to go through my CPC before September 2014.

I have driven lorries all over Scotland and to places that lorries should not go. Working for Marquee companies meant driving up farm tracks and into fields etc with a fully loaded curtain sider.

In an ideal world I would like a permanent full time job with a respectible long standing company with job security. I would prefer to work days too and if possible be home each night. If away a few nights it would be ok.

I am up to date with drivers hours and working hours, EU rules and domestic. I have digital tachograph card too.