Where to find dcpc information?

I am waiting to recieve my cat c provisional back and have downloaded a theory test app on my phone to learn that but where do i get learning info for the driver cpc ?.
Im 19 so have to sit the exam for the cpc and practical cpc part aswell.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your mod 2 shouldn’t be a problem so long as you learn the information for the theory (multiple choice) test thoroughly. It’s in case study format rather than multiple choice.

Your trainer should sort out the training for Mod 4. There is a very good training aid at

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& … 5247,d.ZGU

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

There is also 2 books that can help. Driver cpc and driving goods vehicles. But as Peter said most comes from what you learn in the theory. I have just this minute done my mod 2 and most does relate to theory, but a few questions jumped out on me where I thought “what the”

Thanks for the information at the moment im doing a theory test a day and thats how i find it best to learn. I will book my mod 2 along with my theory part1/2 on the same day. Have yet to decide who to train with yet so will ask about that when i speak to them. Ask for mod 4 if i do it in a rigid does it mean thats it and i wont have to do it again in an artic ?.

The cpc covers you for 5 years from passing both Mod 4 and the driving test. No requirement to do it again but you will be up for 35 hours training every 5 years. If you choose to go for CE (artic) you can sometimes get some of the training time credited to driver cpc periodic training.

Thanks for that so once its all done is that my training done for 5 years or will i still need to do the 35 hours over the next 5 years?

have a look at
ribblevalleyhgv.com/driver-training-aids

ribblevalleyhgv.com/sitedocs … es_DSA.pdf

Peter Smythe:
The cpc covers you for 5 years from passing both Mod 4 and the driving test. No requirement to do it again but you will be up for 35 hours training every 5 years. If you choose to go for CE (artic) you can sometimes get some of the training time credited to driver cpc periodic training.

One last thing can i apply for a digi tacho card now the dvla have proccesed my provisional ? I havent recieved it back yet but i can book theory as i know my driver number.

Links to both mod 2 and 4 are contained within the link in my signature below

One last thing can i apply for a digi tacho card now the dvla have proccesed my provisional ? I havent recieved it back yet but i can book theory as i know my driver number.

You can apply for your digicard any time. You’ll be able to book your provisional provided DVLA have issued your licence.

Or contact a trainer who will do it all for you.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Soo had my theory test and hazzard last week and oassed them and today had my module 2 cpc which i had done no revision for but i can say i passed but only just !. Now just to do my training and mod 4 and ill be working :slight_smile: