Where is this bridge? [Won by Mr Wolf]

This is a straightforward one… does anybody know where this bridge is?

Bridge.JPG

Are you standing on the bridge? If so it’s under your feet… But it looks like somewhere in Wensleydale…

Martin:
Are you standing on the bridge? If so it’s under your feet…

I don’t think he is on a bridge but went off-roading and took that pic standing on the roof of his car whilst looking for help to get the car out of that brook :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

ROG:

Martin:

I don’t think he is on a bridge but went off-roading and took that pic standing on the roof of his car whilst looking for help to get the car out of that brook :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

The bridge could also be above him :unamused:

Martin:

Yes, I’m standing on the bridge.

Martin:
But it looks like somewhere in Wensleydale…

Sorry Martin, it’s not in Wensleydale. :frowning:

ROG:
I don’t think he is on a bridge

… but he is on the bridge. :smiley:

ROG:
… but went off-roading and took that pic standing on the roof of his car whilst looking for help to get the car out of that brook :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OK, here’s a clue:

This is the bridge upon which I stood…

DSCN2864_.JPG

I was leaning towards the Thellwall viaduct but the absence of roadworks may make me reconsider.

The site for the Kent Truck Stop?
They didn’t get any residents complaining at this place.
Is this as isolated as it appears? Or is that latter pic taken from a major road, I wonder?

I’ve spent way too much time on this one grr and am now on first name terms with every packhorse bridge in England :laughing:

Are we in Derbyshire?

Lonewolf Yorks:
I’ve spent way too much time on this one grr and am now on first name terms with every packhorse bridge in England :laughing:

Are we in Derbyshire?

I am leaning towards Scotland now, the hills in the distance look more like Scottish glens rather than English Dales…

the maoster:
I was leaning towards the Thellwall viaduct but the absence of roadworks may make me reconsider.

Quite right maoster, the lack of cones does indicate that it isn’t Thelwall Viaduct. :slight_smile:

Franglais:
Is this as isolated as it appears?

Yes franglais, ‘isolated’ is a very good word to describe this place.

Franglais:
Or is that latter pic taken from a major road, I wonder?

Yes, the second pic is taken from the ‘major’ road (an A road), but that’s only ‘major’ in relation to the track that crosses that bridge!
I wouldn’t use the word ‘major’ to describe that ‘A’ road.

Lonewolf Yorks:

Are we in Derbyshire?

Sorry Mr Wolf, we’re not in Derbyshire. :frowning:

Martin:

Lonewolf Yorks:

Are we in Derbyshire?

I am leaning towards Scotland now, the hills in the distance look more like Scottish glens rather than English Dales…

You lean is correct Martin, we are most certainly in Scotland. :smiley:

dieseldave:

Martin:

Lonewolf Yorks:

Are we in Derbyshire?

It had to be Scotland. Going by previous history Dave has a penchant for Scottish scenery (and football grounds). Now whilst I’ve never personally witnessed him descending a hillside with a blue face and short skirt whilst screaming “freeeeeeedom” I am assured that it happens regularly.

dieseldave:

Martin:

Lonewolf Yorks:

Are we in Derbyshire?

Spent too much time on this now, maybe I will take a rest and be thankful that I found the right country :open_mouth:

Martin:

dieseldave:

Martin:

Lonewolf Yorks:

Are we in Derbyshire?

… rest and be thankful …

Sorry Martin, it’s not the rest and be thankful, although I do see a passing similarity. :smiley:

Is it just off the A9 between Dalwhinny and Newtonmore.Ted

Is it in the loop made by the old A74 alongside the new M74 a few miles north of Beattock?