Where is this bridge? [Won by Martin]

Does anybody know where/which bridge this is?

Bridge1.jpg

Gothenburg, Alvsborg bridge ?

Blimey, that didn’t last long. :open_mouth:

Martin:
Gothenburg, Alvsborg bridge ?

… is the correct answer, we have a winner!! :smiley:

So the next one will be a somewhat less well known. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

i went across it about 20 times this summer and still didnt recognise it… :blush:

dieseldog999:
i went across it about 20 times this summer and still didnt recognise it… :blush:

I’ve also been over that bridge several times in a truck, but that was in 1984ish.

I took that snap in the hotel car park whilst on our hols. :smiley:

dieseldave:

dieseldog999:

I’ve also been over that bridge several times in a truck, but that was in 1984ish.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
was it a change to drive on decent roads for a while?

dieseldog999:

dieseldave:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
was it a change to drive on decent roads for a while?

Most definitely… Yes! :smiley:

I have been under it a couple of times, that makes it easier to recognise.

is that when you were sailing,or just wakening up? :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Back in the day, I sailed under that bridge a few times, so I did it again this year 30-odd years later. :smiley:

:bulb: No Swedish road tax to pay this time though. :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Fast asleep in the cabin on the AIDAcara in April this year, the cruise terminal is just the other side of the bridge. Was awake when we left later that day!

Martin:

dieseldog999:

Fast asleep in the cabin on the AIDAcara in April this year, the cruise terminal is just the other side of the bridge. Was awake when we left later that day!

Spot-on Martin.

Just before you got off the ferry, you sailed past the hotel we stayed in.

I took the OP pic from where the yellow spot is in this pic:

Waterfront Hotel, Gothenburg.jpg

i sailed across and back on the gothenburg-Frederikshavn ferry there.
luxury boat with food and surroundings to make the irish crossing and calais dover stena boats hang their head in shame.

dieseldog999:
i sailed across and back on the gothenburg-Frederikshavn ferry there.
luxury boat with food and surroundings to make the irish crossing and calais dover stena boats hang their head in shame.

Agreed DD, I did a couple of the Irish crossings, but as I recall, the 80’s Sally Line Ramsgate - Dunkirk wasn’t too shabby.

I inadvertently told a little porky earlier, my Fredrikshavn - Gothenburg crossings were in 1987/8/9.

My 1984 crossings were Sassnitz (old DDR) - Trelleborg when there was a marked difference in ferry quality on the same route.

On a DDR registered ferry, the conditions were… rather plain and spartan (and that’s being generous!!) whereas on the Swedish ferries on the same route, they even offered to do your laundry (for free) during the crossing and it was much more… Swedish.

:bulb: You’d be guaranteed a proper cab turn-out at both ends of that ferry crossing, but for completely different reasons! :open_mouth:

coming from denmark into sweden then surprisingly enough apart from drugs ect,the big thing is bringing in nappies as they are something like 5 times the price in sweden…
then again…that could be just full of crap.

Dammit, I’ve also been under that bridge on the DFDS to Newcastle. I’d have got that.