Where is this bridge? (#2) [Solved by Will +more pics added]

This time I’m on the bridge looking down at a road.

Which road is below me? (That’s far too easy!! :open_mouth: )

So here’s the fun part:
Can anybody name (up to) five good reasons why a truck might have earlier pulled off this road, and then needed to rejoin the road by using the slip road just below me?

Now for the hard part:
What is the thin silver thing sticking up behind the trees on the right?
(I’ll post another pic of this when somebody says what it is. :wink: )

16052011066.jpg

Dave is buying pies in Tesco Extra Martlesham and the thin silver thing is the BT tower at Adastral park

Wheel Nut:
Dave is buying pies in Tesco Extra Martlesham and the thin silver thing is the BT tower at Adastral park

Sorry Malc, but you’re a bit too far East.

You are on top of the A14 looking east @ Risby.Reason 1,been to the cafe @ Risby.2,Stopped for fuel.3,been to the truck wash.4,been pulled by vosa.5 been to the farm/industrial units to tip/load.6,been for a beer @ the pub,although not advisable while driving :slight_smile: ( would have also included Gowings salvage yard had it not shut down )

The thin silver thing is the chimney from the gas works.

The tall structure you were looking at is Suffolk Crematorium

Wheel Nut:
The tall structure you were looking at is Suffolk Crematorium

The crematorium is on the opposite side of the road :sunglasses:

Will:
You are on top of the A14 looking east @ Risby.Reason 1,been to the cafe @ Risby.2,Stopped for fuel.3,been to the truck wash.4,been pulled by vosa.5 been to the farm/industrial units to tip/load.6,been for a beer @ the pub,although not advisable while driving :slight_smile: ( would have also included Gowings salvage yard had it not shut down )

Hi Will,

You’re spot-on correct on all counts mate. :smiley:

Here’s the piemobile outside the pub where I stayed:

16052011067.jpg

Will:
The thin silver thing is the chimney from the gas works.

You’re spot-on correct again Will. :smiley:

I was in the Calor Gas depot at Saxham, and here’s a piccy of the silver thing:

17052011071.jpg

The A14 is just behind where the trucks are parked on the far side of the yard.

Forgot to add that one might have been to the pallet yard @ the end of the cafe car park to either 1, flog some pallets or 2, do a trailer swap with 1 loaded with pallets for Holland,as i have done many times in the past.

Will:
Forgot to add that one might have been to the pallet yard @ the end of the cafe car park to either 1, flog some pallets or 2, do a trailer swap with 1 loaded with pallets for Holland,as i have done many times in the past.

:open_mouth: Blimey Will, nobody could kid you about Risby, cos what you’ve said appears to be all that goes on there.

:grimacing: Not that I’d know anything about flogging pallets of course. :wink: