Where is it & why

Hello can some one tell me what has happened to the sticky about the DE POEL agencey ,has it been closed down or what■■?

It’s still about…but it’s been un-“sticky”'d and so has slipped into it’s chronological position.

You can find it HERE

We can only allow a certain number of "Sticky"s and announcements otherwise the top of the forum becomes so full of them that they no longer stand out - and that in turn defeats the object of them being there in the first place. :confused:

That thread has been getting less and less response recently, so it’s position was no longer justified. The same is true of the Truckersworld Campaign Thread which is now HERE and the M6 roadworks thread, now HERE. They have all had plenty of time in “prime position” and so have now resumed their chronological place.

Any thread which has been “desticky’d” like this can be easily found using the SEARCH facility at the top of the page, and of course, a post on that thread will return it to the top of the forum as it would with any other.

In this case, it was the request for an “RDC Directions” Thread which prompted me to have a clearout…that will stay until it, too, dies off, at which point it will be turned into a permanant reference topic in the FAQ Forum. :sunglasses:

thanks very much Lucy,but does this mean that the subject due to the non-intrest will die a death and therefore allow this firm with its data-base
of employed agencey drivers to grow larger,as the later employed agencey
drivers may not either be informened or not read the small print,and what about the transport magazines are they not checking up about this firms history and work practise,

If you wish someone to take this further for you then I suggest you contact a campaigning organisation - www.Truckersworld.co.uk being the first which springs to mind.

TruckNet UK is NOT a campaigning organisation. If members wish to use our forums to discuss issues that concern them, that is great, but anything more than that is down to them. Rikki’s interest, investigations and initial approaches to various contacts in the trade press about this were made on a purely personal level, not on behalf of the website.

TNUK is a commercial enterprise and, as such, cannot and will not become involved in campaigning, training, or any other similar areas. We choose to support certain organisations - Truckersworld and Justice for Drivers, for example - but do not actually get directly involved ourselves.

If you wish to find out what the trade press are doing or not doing about De Poel, then I suggest that you ask them directly. The staff at TNUK (Directors included) are unpaid, and frankly don’t have the time to be chasing this sort of thing on behalf of the members.

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but that’s the way it is! :wink:

brit pete:
thanks very much Lucy,but does this mean that the subject due to the non-intrest will die a death and therefore allow this firm with its data-base
of employed agencey drivers to grow larger,as the later employed agencey
drivers may not either be informened or not read the small print,and what about the transport magazines are they not checking up about this firms history and work practise,

In a word Pete, YES.

To follow up on what Lucy and Simon have said.

There are only so many hours in the day, I spent a huge amount of time talking to the REC, DTI, and the Data Protection people as well as talking directly to De Poel.

With the best will in the world, TruckNet UK can only reach a small percentage of drivers out of the total driving population.

The whole issue needed to be followed up by larger organisations with far more resources than us. Literally days have been spent talking to journalists and campaigning groups dealing with civil rights

But it seems that none of them feel that this is an issue they want to explore/publicise.

With limited time and resources there is little more I can do…

HOWEVER

There is nothing stopping any /all of you concerned about this e-mailing the trade magazines and asking why they are not looking at this issue.

With the contacts I have within the industry I can do a lot… but I cannot do miracles yet… for that some of you must also stand up and be counted.

For a start I suggest e-mailing Dave.Young@RBI.co.uk expressing your concerns about De Poel and this database.

If no-one or only a couple bothers to e-mail then this issue will just die…

I’ve just emailed them both!! Like Rikki says, if we want this to gain wider coverage it is up to us as members to do something about it!!

Feel free to cut-copy-paste from the email I sent (below).

Dear All,

I am a little disappointed to find out that the De Poel situation doesn’t seem to warrant some ‘investigative journalism’. I am sure you are aware of this issue but should you need some reminders of the whole case, the following links will take you to TrucknetUK where a lot comments have been made.

Link 1 = Original post. Link 2 = Liberty’s advice on the matter.

I make no apologies for the amount of reading-up that these links will require as it is a clear indication of how many drivers feel towards the situation. I can’t help but feel that it is almost your duty to give this matter some copy space as there are many drivers that you reach but the internet cannot. If the reaction from Trucknet members is anything to go by, surely this will be an article worthy of inclusion in your magazines?

I don’t wish to waste your valuable time by waffling on about this, suffice to say, please go to the links I have included, read through it all and then get your ‘journalistic teeth’ into something that your readers not only want to read but should read!

Regards,

Martin Evans.

Please reply to transport@ukevans.com

NOTE: The links are as follows; Link 1, Link 2