Where is best to park

Hi, i will be travelling from Wolverhampton tomorrow afternoon, north on the m6. I have a tip at Preston brook Wednesday morning. I need somewhere to park over night and would prefer services. I’ve looked online and either knutsford or lymm look ideal along my route. Chester services are a bit far out, as are burtonwood. Which one would be best out of knutsford and lymm?
Thanks

A

I’ve stay at a lymm a few times and its alright, showers are abit ■■■■ but useable, think its only 15quid to park aswell.

Lymm would be best. There’s very limited HGV parking at Knutsford.

Mike-C:

I thought we were banned lol

Without any doubt Poplar 2000 at Lymm, a proper truckstop.

Both Burtonwood & Chester services are less secure as some have previously found out.

Big ■■■■:

Mike-C:

I thought we were banned lol

Officially yea, but there are 10/12 ‘emergency’ hgv spaces. Ive been in a few times n/b to buy a decent butty from m&s, but lymm have a greggs now so not been in since.

Driveroneuk:
Without any doubt Poplar 2000 at Lymm, a proper truckstop.

Both Burtonwood & Chester services are less secure as some have previously found out.

Lymm is also not totally secure

Come of at J32 drive past the Hungry Horse type Pub park on the Spar Garage, parking a £10 and either buy summat from the shop and heat it in their M/waves or walk to the Hungry Horse type pub :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Jobs a guddun

I have decided to stop at Hilton park services. Mainly because they serve a nice meal. Chicken, potato and salad with bread and condiments on the side. Otherwise known as a kfc tower burger. Thanks for your replies.

Gunner Til I Die:
Come of at J32 drive past the Hungry Horse type Pub park on the Spar Garage, parking a £10 and either buy summat from the shop and heat it in their M/waves or walk to the Hungry Horse type pub :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Jobs a guddun

j32 for preston brook■■?
regards dave

dafdave:

Gunner Til I Die:
Jobs a guddun

j32 for preston brook■■?
regards dave

Satnav jockey!!

dafdave:

Gunner Til I Die:
Jobs a guddun

j32 for preston brook■■?
regards dave

Well spotted Dave. Gunner is evidently thinking of Preston, Lancs.

J32 is to the north of Preston and is the junction with only the M55.
You can then drop off the 55 at J1 and go north or south on the A6.
I can’t think of any Hungry Horse type pub near a Spar Garage where you could park an artic anywhere near there.

I wonder if he meant 23, A580 East Lancs Road?

Hilton Park? Yuk, what a dump. Would never park there with 2 truckstops on the A5 so close.

Happysack agree P2000 not totally secure and less so now no barriers. When I was driving for P&O Ferrymasters we were encouraged to park there (no account held) and received a memo not to park at Burtonwood or Chester.

Gunner Til I Die:
Jobs a guddun

A bit out of my way me thinks :wink:

Driveroneuk:

dafdave:

Gunner Til I Die:
Jobs a guddun

j32 for preston brook■■?
regards dave

Well spotted Dave. Gunner is evidently thinking of Preston, Lancs.

J32 is to the north of Preston and is the junction with only the M55.
You can then drop off the 55 at J1 and go north or south on the A6.
I can’t think of any Hungry Horse type pub near a Spar Garage where you could park an artic anywhere near there.

I wonder if he meant 23, A580 East Lancs Road?

Hilton Park? Yuk, what a dump. Would never park there with 2 truckstops on the A5 so close.

Happysack agree P2000 not totally secure and less so now no barriers. When I was driving for P&O Ferrymasters we were encouraged to park there (no account held) and received a memo not to park at Burtonwood or Chester.

Ok I’ll stick my hands up missed the “Brook” bit lol, but there is a pub and Spar Servs near where I said I’ll get The Dutch One to post later she lived up there before deciding that living in the South somewhere was preferable lol

I’ll be interested to see it. Can only think it might be some miles north up the A6.

So the OP has set off from Wolverhampton, driven the huge distance to Hilton Park and already parked up for the night.

Hilton Park :open_mouth: ONLY if I was going to run out of hours imminently !!

Driveroneuk:
I’ll be interested to see it. Can only think it might be some miles north up the A6.

So the OP has set off from Wolverhampton, driven the huge distance to Hilton Park and already parked up for the night.

Lol. Wolverhampton isn’t the only place I’ve been today. Does sound funny though, I must admit.

Gunner Til I Die:
Jobs a guddun

Do you mean the new james hall rdc bluebell way fullwood :question:

Gunner Til I Die:
Jobs a guddun

Think you mean 31a ? The one which also has a subway and the big spar depo behind it with the little roundabout going into services?

If you come off at j10 m56 and turn left onto the a49 southbound there is a transport cafe about a mile on the right. It used to be a lot bigger than it is now but you can still park there, failing that there’s a layby just passed it with a garage opposite. If you did stop there then you would carry on the 100 metres to the traffic lights and turn right which takes you the back way into Preston Brook, jobs a goodun’ (for next time)