Where have all the Sprinter type vans gone?

Motorways used to seem to be rammed with sprinter type vans bombing along at 90mph.

Is it just me or do a lot seem to have disappeared?

If it isn’t just me, anyone got any theories what’s happened to them?

They’ve all been Nicked for Speeding & Cutting people up in London ?

I have noticed the same.All gone ?

On the A303 forever cutting people up “Allegedly.” :stuck_out_tongue:

Was thinking the same. My first driving job years ago was with Sprinter’s and they went a bit too quick with steering so light you weren’t sure it was actually connected to anything. Brakes were fantastic though, which was all a pretty lethal combination. Best wake up call I ever got was when a colleague turned one over, and the gaffer tried to make him pay the £1500 excess himself, suddenly claiming “you are responsible for the first £1500 damage to your van”. I finished the week and left!

Anyway, Sprinters seem to have demised; the transits of that era are still around, the sprinters are not.

DRIVER SHORTAGE! :sunglasses:

theyva all rusted away, 07 plates were terrible for it, people just lost faith in them

They’ve all slipped through a time continuum portal due to excessive speed and blown bellends :grimacing:

Thank heavens for answered prayers

I think the majority are all speed limited now, when i worked for Ocado their sprinters were limited to 62mph not much faster than a truck, so the economies of scale means that most goods now get shifted by larger vehicles.

We’re still here roadrunner thank you :smiley:

But like the haulage game were fighting to compete with those from the East, but were starting to see a turnaround with customers wanting to use UK registered vehicles and drivers.

Well I have had three different parcel deliveries just this past week and ALL have been delivered by Sprinters so they are still pottering around Derbyshire! :slight_smile: Talked to one guy and his had done well over 500,000 in five years without any major repairs and he was dead chuffed with it.

Anglian Windows have them locally but they are limited to 60 MPH.

Pete.

I’ve got two Sprinters, and there are still plenty about. Some firms switched to Iveco’s and regretted it.

Our place had Sprinters, switched to Renault Masters, they’re crap, turning circle of the QE2, but they can carry something like 1380kg

Sprinter:
We’re still here roadrunner thank you :smiley:

But like the haulage game were fighting to compete with those from the East, but were starting to see a turnaround with customers wanting to use UK registered vehicles and drivers.

Now there’s a bit of good news that should not be missed!

the pallet networks made life very hard for the guys that weren’t on parcels

Dave the Renegade:
I’ve got two Sprinters, and there are still plenty about. Some firms switched to Iveco’s and regretted it.

Most in my local distribution park are few ivecos but everything else is a transit.

chester1:
the pallet networks made life very hard for the guys that weren’t on parcels

This is true the pallet carriers are even taking loads which will not fit in a sprinter van which would normally go on a sprinter flat bed ,they will take goods that are long and abnormally shaped now although iam not sure what condition the goods are in when they get there.

Flux capacitors and reaching 88mph comes to mind…

My good old mate the Renagade has got two very smart one’s, so he’s part of the cause of the shortage. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I sometimes drive a Sprinter on an 04 plate,its in mini bus form so maybe it doesnt count.