Where has all the WILLI BETZ's lorrys gone?

i was wonder what happen to these guys. years ago when i started driving every 20 mins u would meet one of there lorrys in the uk.it onlt dawn on me at the weekend that u dont see has many of them anymore and any i’ve met dont seem to have 2 drivers in them anymore

I asked the same thing a while back. The general concensus seems to be they’re doing lots of military stuff overland to Afghan (probably safer than the M25 tbh).

There was always loads of Willi Betz lorries in Cherwell valley until it burned down.
They left and never came back.
Maybe they thought we were trying to tell them something, Like "next time it’ll be you. :smiling_imp: " :laughing:

That’s funny I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Don’t even see them in Europe now

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77679

I saw a broken down Willi about 3 weeks ago, m25 clockwise just after Cobham services. Mobile fitter was there too, can’t remember who it was though?

Betz:
Yes Willi Betz trucks begin less running plus they affect by Europe recession I believe now Willi Betz are not quite big company not same as old time due influx of Eastern European hauliers offers cheap competitives than Willi Betz. Look at Hungarian Waberers trucks with sun smiley face livery seen everywhere in Europe and they keep continue growing bigger operate at moment

Willi Betz has won the contract and work for American Army Force and NATO supplies, they doing pick up loads from Latvia - Riga Port that ship come from America to LV and driving to Afghanistan through Belarus, Russia, Kazahstan Ubzek and Turkmenistan. I have heard they are doing big numbers trucks about 500 - 1000 trucks go there - busy daily work. That’s why you may have not see lots of Willi Betz trucks around in UK or Europe

Speaking of Waberers over the last two days i have seen dozens of them, many more than Stobarts in fact.

Very many Willi Betz running between Riga (Latvia) and Termez/Hairatan on the Uzbek Afghan border. Met two at Grebnova LAT/ RUS border in December. Heh, and there was me thinking they were going to Moscow! Mind, they were just as intrigued by the sight of a UK motor coming out of Russia… and one of them paid for my coffee too!

I’m sure euromat posted a pic of a Betz truck somewhere in eastern Europe on his last tour diary post that had just come back from Afghanistan…

euromat:
these betz were on their way back from afghanistan!! ■■■■■■■■!!

bloody hell if i was the betz driver i would take the ivan nameplate out the window, afghans may mistake him for russian :slight_smile:

Is that last one missing a rear wheel?

I thought willi and his son went to prison for tax evasion and bribery. Sure i read that he owed the tax man 50million. :stuck_out_tongue:
Found i link lol
viewtopic.php?p=568376