Where do you go

Your on the slip road about to join motorway pop the right indicator on then get a flash from the truck on the inside lnside Lane who is in the middle of your trailer then see that he moved between Lane one and two the the next thing he’s blasting his Horn forcing you to take the hard shoulder at this point I was on limiter who would you say is at fault there was no on next to knob in Lane one

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If he flashed you go, if he has miss-judged your speed or not seen something in lane 2 then that’s his fault. Rather than being a tool he should just slow down a little.

Why should he slow down, he was already on the motorway. See those dashed lines at the end of the slip road? They’re a give way. The traffic on the motorway has right of way.

You have no right to expect someone on the motorway to move over or slow down. The flash was probably him letting you know he was there because you were continuing to carry on with no signs of doing anything to prevent a collision, not that he was moving over. As you were on the slip road how did you know there was nobody at the side of him? Somehow I doubt you have X-Ray vision and you only knew once you’d actually got on the motorway but even then that isn’t guaranteed because he could have had someone alongside him who had to swerve into L3 when he started to move over because some pillock on a sliproad joining the motorway doesn’t know how to drive. 100% your fault.

How do you know that there was nothing beside him? Perhaps he was flashing his lights as per the Highway Code, as in to warn you of his presence?

Not having a pop btw, as I wasn’t there and there are so many variables possible that only you as the guy on scene can make a proper determination.

Edit to add; just seen Conor’s response which pretty much echoes mine.

Next edit; am I the only one who started singing that Peter Starsedts song when they read the title?

slapstick:
If he flashed you go, if he has miss-judged your speed or not seen something in lane 2 then that’s his fault. Rather than being a tool he should just slow down a little.

He never let off at all as he flashed and his truck was between Lane 1 and 2 moving towards Lane 2 then I start moving across then the the next thing is im on the hard shoulder having to brake hard to let him by I don’t get into road rage to let him be but is bugging me if u could have done different

the maoster:
How do you know that there was nothing beside him? Perhaps he was flashing his lights as per the Highway Code, as in to warn you of his presence?

Not having a pop btw, as I wasn’t there and there are so many variables possible that only you as the guy on scene can make a proper determination.

If there was something besides him he shouldn’t have moved and not flashed then I could have eased off and slipped in behind

Someone in lane 3 may have decided to move to lane 2 at the same time as the truck who flashed you making him take evasive action and stop his maneuver. He’s used his horn to warn you of his presence. All speculation of course.

The flash is misleading, what driver flashes to say no enter.

Instead of forcing driver on hard shoulder he should just slow down a little or overtake, or maybe look further up the road so these things aren’t left till last minute.

slapstick:
The flash is misleading, what driver flashes to say no enter.

Instead of forcing driver on hard shoulder he should just slow down a little or overtake, or maybe look further up the road so these things aren’t left till last minute.

And seeing his truck was 50 50 between both lanes and motorway was dark and there was no lights from any othet vehicle other than ours and how much would it hurt to ease off if someone did make a miss judgement

Regardless of the other driver, situation or attitude, you have to give way on a slip road and have to assess whether you can get up to speed and have space to join the motorway safely or to slow down or even stop if need be. That’s the letter of the law and the correct way it should be done however in reality we all drive differently. But the driver in lane 1 has no obligation to change his speed or alter lanes to let you on the motorway. Most of us do it to be polite and keep traffic moving as its a common sense solution to keep traffic moving. Again he could choose to slow down to let you on but again no requirement to do.

Obviously you were the person there are the time as was that driver so really only you both know what the exact situation was.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

mdourish:
Your on the slip road about to join motorway pop the right indicator on then get a flash from the truck on the inside lnside Lane who is in the middle of your trailer then see that he moved between Lane one and two the the next thing he’s blasting his Horn forcing you to take the hard shoulder at this point I was on limiter who would you say is at fault there was no on next to knob in Lane one

It must be a very short slip road for you not to slow down a bit and drop in behind the other lorry ,you must of thought you could out do him and didn’t make it and because he tooted at you ,you don’t like it ?

mdourish:

slapstick:

He never let off at all as he flashed and his truck was between Lane 1 and 2 moving towards Lane 2 then I start moving across then the the next thing is im on the hard shoulder having to brake hard to let him by I don’t get into road rage to let him be but is bugging me if u could have done different

Why did you have to brake hard on hard shoulder just back off a couple of clicks and tuck in behind him

Uncleskid:

mdourish:

slapstick:

Why did you have to brake hard on hard shoulder just back off a couple of clicks and tuck in behind him

As soon as i was on hard the shoulder I braked to slip in behind but he wanted to hang me on the hard shoulder matchinh my speed mouthing and with all his hand signals and there was cones coming him

mdourish:

Uncleskid:

mdourish:

slapstick:

As soon as i was on hard the shoulder I braked to slip in behind but he wanted to hang me on the hard shoulder matchinh my speed mouthing and with all his hand signals and there was cones coming up

To be honest, maoster has the most valid point regarding the fantastic song.

Regarding the non event of not being able to join a motorway…who gives a ■■■■.

happysack:
To be honest, maoster has the most valid point regarding the fantastic song.

Regarding the non event of not being able to join a motorway…who gives a [zb].

You know the Aga Khan…, he bought you a racehorse for Christmas, and you keep it just for fun, and for a laugh, ha ha ha ha.

hishighnesstheagakhan-landscape.jpg
:smiley:

Dear Robroy
I know where you go to my lovely
When you’re alone in your bed
I know the thoughts that surround you
`Cause I can look inside your head

Happysack mate, I remember the back streets of Carlisle, us two kids dressed in rags, both of us with a burning ambition to shake off our lowly tags.
So look into my face Happysack, and remember just who you are, then go and forget me forever, but I know you still bear the scars, yes you do. :cry:

Some disturbing sh*t forming in my mind about you two tonight :neutral_face:

eagerbeaver:
Some disturbing sh*t forming in my mind about you two tonight :neutral_face:

I think the lonliness of being a trucker all these years has finally got to me bud.
So if ever I respond to that character on here who asks for ‘‘late night chat’’ at a weak moment :open_mouth: …ffs Beav, promise you’ll give me a good kicking to come to my senses. :laughing: