Where do you buy truck batteries?

Hello, I have Volvo fh trucks 10-11 plates. Two years ago, I bought two batteries and now driver say that they are dying. A year ago, I bought also two batteries for a different truck and I was driving a week ago and batteries on that truck were dying as well. I usually turn the engine on for 5 mins before I go to bed and then turn everything off except the night heater. In the morning the battery was showing 23.5.

Where do you guys buy your batteries? How much you pay? How long do they last? Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I prefer Varta. Unfortunately any batteries are a consumable for tramping and won’t last forever. You might get a bit of extra life by charging with a conditioner every so often.

Usually cheaper from a parts counter than online.

varta is the way forward

If you have added light bars fridge ,microwave etc …your charging system may not be up to keeping the batteries healthy…just a thought

Used to use numax batteries didnt find they were lasting that long, so have gone over to Monbat 625(s) which means its a heavy duty one, higher cca @1450 and ah@225 than most batteries, we are giving 125 + vat off of picksons.

Thanks everyone for replies. I wanted to buy varta but found them too high. I was worried that they will be touching trailer so eventually can break.
Anyway, I ended up going to volvo and bought two original for £175 each. Last year they wanted £250 each. I thought it was a deal,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Too high? You must have been looking at the wrong battery as varta do a battery that fits in the battery box the same as the Volvo one. Must have been huge…

Checked the battery electrolyte?

My batteries were knackered, I was about to replace them and thought why not top up. Used about 5 litres of de-ionised water and are almost as good as new.

I should have checked them much earlier but not something usually thought about.

Yuasa are another good make.

The one to avoid that I strain my back heaving out of truck battery trays vastly more than any other make is Banner.

5minutes before turning in is deffo not enough, 30mins is more like it if you’re watching telly, have the lights, fridge on etc. But a Volvo will kill the batteries in one or two years regardless.