Where do they buy these magnets from.?

Is some trader doing a roaring profit,the next new Porsche you see,is a magnet salesman,on commision.

£2.99 to you Squire. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

They come supplied with a Scania and who are all these people u seem to think are using them!

I get mine from Magnet…Obviously! :unamused:

bigtruck:
They come supplied with a Scania and who are all these people u seem to think are using them!

You beat me to it. Yes Scanias actually do come with a magnet.

Ive got some on the fridge if anyone wants one.

Where abouts do you put them, and how did someone discover it stopped the tacho working.

Mr B:
Where abouts do you put them, and how did someone discover it stopped the tacho working.

Im led to believe they go on the gearbox and it disengages the limiter, i think the tacho is still active though. Maybe limeyphil could put us straight :smiley:

the absolute definition of irony?
toby posts recently about the spelling and behaviour of those of us on the forum because other people can see what’s been written and we should behave and then he asks a question about magnets :unamused: :unamused:
make your mind up toby saint or sinner but you can’t be both :laughing:

a 40oz magnet comes supplied with most jobs dont they or is that just international jobs :laughing: :laughing: i know they are fitted on the bell housing nr the tacho seal and then knocks the tacho out a 45min break while driving anyone. :grimacing: Vosa have become wise to this and are now carrying iron fillings to place on the bell housing if it sticks ur up [zb] creek. I must say it’s good knowing some irish drivers they tell you some tricks and stories. :laughing: :laughing:

merc0447:
Ive got some on the fridge if anyone wants one.

They go on the sender unit ontop of gearbox, so even though the truck is moving the tacho head thinks it’s on rest.

We have a customer who makes magnetic sorters for getting bits of metal off a conveyor. They are REALLY strong and have a sign warning about it. I asked him to double stack some and he said we couldn’t because if they are the wrong way round they repel each other and slide off.

I did wonder if they would affect anything on the truck… :wink:

steve07:
a 40oz magnet comes supplied with most jobs dont they or is that just international jobs :laughing: :laughing: i know they are fitted on the bell housing nr the tacho seal and then knocks the tacho out a 45min break while driving anyone. :grimacing: Vosa have become wise to this and are now carrying iron fillings to place on the bell housing if it sticks ur up [zb] creek. I must say it’s good knowing some irish drivers they tell you some tricks and stories. :laughing: :laughing:

I would think it will be a long time before they get some to stick - the bell housing houses only the clutch.

If you need a powerful magnet for whatever reason,dismantle an old microwave and you will find two superb magnets in the backof the magnetron - switch off the power first though!

Hombre:
If you need a powerful magnet for whatever reason,dismantle an old microwave and you will find two superb magnets in the backof the magnetron - switch off the power first though!

… and ground it to earth before you start fiddling!

Santa:
We have a customer who makes magnetic sorters for getting bits of metal off a conveyor. They are REALLY strong and have a sign warning about it. I asked him to double stack some and he said we couldn’t because if they are the wrong way round they repel each other and slide off.

I did wonder if they would affect anything on the truck… :wink:

I think a couple of pallets near the headboard could be a bonus :stuck_out_tongue:

Poles attract and repel at the same time, that is why they are driving trucks :stuck_out_tongue:

They use “rare earth magnets” in the food industrie to collect metal out of production, very powerfull for a relative small magnet :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
But maybe a stupid thought, If I wanted to use it, I rather used a electromagnet what I could switch on and off without lying under the truck to place or remove it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
Or is this not strong enough :question: :question: :question:
I wonder how it works, because at the Volvo when the speedsensor packs up, he don’t shift gears, ABS doesn’t work and the engine doesn’t want to rev. He jumps in “limp home mode”, instead of when you pulled the fuse on the F12 he would jump in “Quick Home Mode” :grimacing: :blush: :sunglasses: :unamused:

a 40oz magnet comes supplied with most jobs dont they or is that just international jobs i know they are fitted on the bell housing nr the tacho seal and then knocks the tacho out a 45min break while driving anyone. Vosa have become wise to this and are now carrying iron fillings to place on the bell housing if it sticks ur up [zb] creek. I must say it’s good knowing some irish drivers they tell you some tricks and stories.

Electro Magnet FTW!!! lol

He he he, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good post Caledoniandream.

Re electro magnet, wonder if a starter solenoid with the actuator pin removed would do it?

caledoniandream:
They use “rare earth magnets” in the food industrie to collect metal out of production, very powerfull for a relative small magnet :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
But maybe a stupid thought, If I wanted to use it, I rather used a electromagnet what I could switch on and off without lying under the truck to place or remove it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
Or is this not strong enough :question: :question: :question:
I wonder how it works, because at the Volvo when the speedsensor packs up, he don’t shift gears, ABS doesn’t work and the engine doesn’t want to rev. He jumps in “limp home mode”, instead of when you pulled the fuse on the F12 he would jump in “Quick Home Mode” :grimacing: :blush: :sunglasses: :unamused:

:laughing: