Where do folk look for job opportunities?

Since passing my class 2 in May last year I’ve not really seen many jobs worth applying for in my area, but that might be because I’m looking in the wrong places. Any suggestions of where to look for jobs? All the job sites I look at seem to only advertise agencies, and I can’t afford to risk giving up a regular job for agency work which might not be regular at all.
Cheers all.

What area are you in Wavy?

Look for any companies in your area and phone or better still pay them a visit, no harm in asking.

Yep…As said…List of haulage companies in your area and pay them a visit in person…

Definitely get a list of all the companies in your area and look on their website. A lot advertise on there own website under careers and if they don’t then as wrighty1 said. Give them a call. I’m in the same boat at the minute but not giving up. I will find someone soon that will give me a break.

It does work I promise. Just been contacted asking to go and see them Tuesday for assessment drive. Fingers crossed it goes well.

manclad75:
It does work I promise. Just been contacted asking to go and see them Tuesday for assessment drive. Fingers crossed it goes well.

Nice one, I’ve just got to do another two sessions of cpc then I can start contacting potential employers although I know one that will definitely take on new drivers near to me.

I sent my cv off to a haulage company and after only a week they had passed it on to one of their clients, and bingo I’ve just completed my first week as a professional driver , I’ve found my vocation at last

Every business potentially needs a delivery by lorry, even if they don’t run one themselves. Trawl the net (used to only be fishermen talking about trawling and nets…) make a list and visit in person, take a day-bag, all your documents, including your digi-card and DQC, some sarnies and a flask, put on your PPP and boots an go knocking doors. Ask to chat with the TM every time.
Something’s waiting for you!
Good luck!

try the cvcenter.co.uk for a professional cv and cover letter best £30 I ever spent. Once youve got the cv try indeed and search for driver instead of hgv and then by date. If there is nothing then try the jobcentre website look for fulltime work

Be prepared with fulltime jobs to get knocked back I usually send out 5 a day and note all progress i.e interview assessment start the next day ectr. Tbh never had a problem since I got a professionally wrote cv and always got an interview or follow up.

bob96:
try the cvcenter.co.uk for a professional cv and cover letter best £30 I ever spent. Once youve got the cv try indeed and search for driver instead of hgv and then by date. If there is nothing then try the jobcentre website look for fulltime work

Be prepared with fulltime jobs to get knocked back I usually send out 5 a day and note all progress i.e interview assessment start the next day ectr. Tbh never had a problem since I got a professionally wrote cv and always got an interview or follow up.

Don’t you have to have office word to be able to send to employers etc ?

or is it saved as jpeg etc ? ive had a bit of a mare with formats :open_mouth:

Thanks for all the advice. Gonna start some serious door knocking next week.

Wincanton just finished my second week there
ive not long passed and been taken on
moneys fairly decent too
am impressed so far